17: When all else fails, let your bestfriend do the work

SAPPHIRE

The moment Orion and I stepped off the chopper, I tried to mind-link Red; Vos did mention that her wolf is showing signs of returning but I still could not reach her. I could not get through to her.

It was worrisome.

"Love, calm down. We're already here, nothing else can happen to her." I bite my lower lip in anxiety and look around for Vos. I wanted to surprise Red and be there for her on Melanie's trial but I miscalculated the distance between the cabin and the palace.

I stay silent and survey the area. We were kilometres away from the palace and Vos was supposed to meet us here but I'm anxious. I turn to Orion but he was already looking at me.

"Let's go." He intertwines our fingers and pulls me against him. "I love you," he whispers making heat instantly travel to my cheeks. I still could not get used to his attention, no matter how many months we've been together.

Just as we start our descent down the hill, we see two silhouettes with unfamiliar scents walk towards us and I could feel Orion take on a protective stance as he pulls me closer to him but my wolf merely stares on, whoever these people were, they weren't a threat.

After a few seconds, Orion relaxes and break into a smile. "Here's Vos." I look on as a tall man and petite woman made their way towards me. I ran my eyes over Vos and smile, he's be perfect for Red.

'Should I be concerned that you're eyeing Vos right now?' I laugh out loud and tiptoe to plant a kiss on his cheeks.

"Still the ever jealous Alpha." I turn my attention to Vos who was about the same height and build as Orion. I observe both men exchange a handshake which progressed to a hug. "Alpha."

"You're my cousin, Vos. Stop with the formalities." Alpha Vos runs his hand over his hair and merely gives Orion a smile until he turns to me.

"Princess." I laugh lightly, distracted by the pressure building behind my head. My wolf was now very irritable and I don't know why.

"Please, you heard Orion. Stop with the formalities. You can call me Sapphire." I hold out my hand which he accepted with a firm shake. "I believe you've been taking care of Red?" A smile lights up his face and I know instantly that he's fallen irrevocably in love with her. Maybe it's the fact that he was with her at her worst but I do hope this fast pace of falling can be accounted for the fact that they may be second chance mates.

"Trust me, I like taking care of her." I laugh and finally turn my attention to the woman beautiful behind him.

Her jet black hair stood out against her pale skin making her appear intimidating at first glance but what may really be intimidating to people is the way she holds herself. She stood straight and rigid, her brown eyes were directed to the ground as a sign of respect for us but I know there was defiance and determination in them, she had a small stature but her toned body suggest that she too is a very skilled fighter. People may underestimate her but that's probably what makes her dangerous.

"This is Rory- Aurora, my beta." She looks up and meets my eyes head on, making my wolf curious. It isn'y easy to make eye-contact with royals but she did it effortlessly.

"Princess," She turns to Orion and nods. "Alpha." I give her a smile but my wolf growls as the pain in my head worsened. I turn to Orion who probably felt the same thing and Then Vos who staggered back.

We spent one minutes in confused silence until my wolf forcibly takes over my body and runs towards the palace. I sit back, giving my wolf full control, forgetting about Orion and Vos who were already behind me.