4: In which everything goes wonderfully wrong

RED

"Bothy!" I swallow suddenly dumbstruck at the sight of this huge man looking up and giving Kelly a full blown smile.

I suck in a breath as I notice the dimple on his right cheek— OH MY GOODNESS HE HAD DIMPLES— he looked like he came from one of those paintings that portrayed  the Gods of Olympus; which I'd believe if he says he came down from heaven because holy slime balls he is beautiful!

Kelly holds her tiny uninjured arm out and wiggles her feet, giving him a toothy grin. "Bothy! I made a friend!"

His gaze turns to me and I give him a hesitant wave and small smile. Just as our eyes lock, I suddenly couldn't get a word out. His eyes were the lightest shade of brown I've ever seen surrounded by long curved lashes, he had strong features from a straight nose to high cheekbones but complimented by soft plump looking lips— does this even make sense!? Even my wolf was interested and peaking through her foggy veil in my consciousness.

"You're not friends, Kel." He picks her up with water bottles and all after one last look at me and places her on the ground, leaving me there gaping with my mouth open at his blatant rudeness.

So apparently, he doesn't have it all. How cliché that he would have the looks but not the attitude? Teenage romance book much?

Just as he turns to leave, I jump from the tree and chase after them.

"Hey! Why in the world am I not her friend?" I protest and block his path, only now realising that Kelly was pulling him bak.

"Yeah, Bothy! Why am I not her friend? She has really pretty hair!" Kelly looks at my hair with a sparkle in her eyes and frowns as she turn back to the man.

"Yeah Bossy!" I provoke and rest my hands on my hips as I raise my eyebrow and plant my feet on the grass.

He stays silent and merely stares at me for a full minute before probably realising I'm not worth his time and picks Kelly up, side steps and continues walking. Did I mention I had to crane my neck almost all the way up?

"Hey!" Kelly and I protest simultaneously. Me running after them once again and Kelly slapping his shoulder. "Kelly! I'll save you!" I declare, sprinting faster towards their direction. He was only walking yet I had to sprint to catch up to him. He was that tall.

"Arielll, Help!! Thave me pleatheee!" Bothy stops walking and sighs as he turns to me with a blank stare.

"Kelly, this girl isn't Ariel. She's no princess, she has no prince charming, see?" I freeze, my heart pounding uncomfortably at his words. Yeah, I had no prince charming, I admit his words hurt, they hit a little too close to home for my liking. I swallow, refusing to let his words get to me, hah! Screw a Prince Charming, all I need is the internet!

I give Kelly a smile. "Yeah but I am friends with the real Princess!" Kelly's face shifts from confusion to happiness in a span of of one second and kicks her legs, successfully making Bothy, Yes I am calling him that, put her down.

She immediately runs towards me and I bend down to welcome her into my arms. "Are you really friendth with the Printhess?" I nod my head eagerly.

"Do you want to talk to her?" Now she nods her head eagerly and jumps up in excitement.

"Kelly." I glance up and suck in another breath. He really is so handsome. Damn him. "We have to go."

"I'm pretty sure you don't." He glares at me but I merely laugh, hah! My mother's glare is scarier! "Come on baby girl! Let's go disturb the Princess." I hold my hand out which she immediately accepted and walk away, stopping after three steps to turn to Bothy who was watching us with disinterest.