1: Yes, I am a sore loser

Hey everyone!

This is the second book of Rejecting Royalty, and it is a must that you read the first book so you won't get too confused

Red

If you ask anyone who truly knew me to describe me, I'm a hundred percent sure they'd say I'm a happy go lucky, always smiling, always joking, always laughing type of girl— and I usually genuinely am but lately I've been nothing but dour and bitter. All because of a guy.

I breathe out and stare at the large expanse before me— see? I don't do these things! I don't stare blankly at random views on the highest keep! I don't do these things! This was Sapphire's thing!

"UGH!" I grab my hair and alternately stomp my feet against the stone window seal in frustration. I can't believe I'm being such a girl! "UGH THIS IS STUPID!"

"Stomp your feet any harder, I'll guarantee you'll fall off that window." I turn to stare blankly at Link in all his hazel- eyed form as he walks towards me with his very defined sweaty chest in full display.

"Ugh, Link I'm being broody about your brother! Leave me alone!" I whine but find myself turning to face him as I place my feet back on the wooden floor, my heart quickening at the thought of him near me. He looked too much like Abe and it's making me feel and imagine things.

"Can't I be broody with you?" He smirks as he slings his shirt over his left shoulder and finds an old dusty chair to sit on.

I give him a flat look, trying hard to avoid staring at his chest. I may have a mate but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a nice sculpted man when he's in front of me. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because you look like him!" I look away, refusing to acknowledge Link's expression and turn to face the window again. "You being here just reminds me how unlovable I am."

I hear the chair creak and drag against the floor before he speaks again. "You aren't unlovable, Red." This time his voice is right beside me.

"Then why doesn't he choose me?" I ask in a small voice. Suddenly feeling all sorts of insecure. Even my wolf hid in the corner of my mind, not the slightest bit interested in the conversation, even though it's about her mate.

Yeah, the mate who basically rejected you.

"He didn't choose Melanie either."

"Not verbally."

As I hear him sigh, he lifts my feet and sits on the window seal and quietly places them on top of his thighs before turning to me. "There's no winning this argument with you is there?"

I smirk, my green eyes meeting his. "There's no winning any argument with me, ever."

Link chuckles deep, sending weird vibrations through me as he pats my ankles. "That's right. You're always right." I smile despite the sudden confusion of my body and pull my legs away from him.

"Let's head down. Sapphire's going to skin me alive if I don't see her before she leaves." Link gets up and offers his hand out which I accepted out of courtesy.

"He's down there, You know." I pause mid- step and square my shoulders.

"Well, he's going to have to deal with me, entering with you." I give him a wink and grasp his hand tighter as I pull him down the stone steps.

"So you're using me to make my brother jealous?" I turn to him but he merely laughs and shakes his head. "Forget I said anything. I'd gladly be of service."