five

"Come on... pick up Cal." Mia muttered to herself as she walked through the aisles of her local grocery store, her phone balanced between her ear and shoulder while she reached up on her tippy toes for the box of cookies that was on the top shelf, something she had spent the last few days craving. 

After what felt like the 255th ring, Cal had answered and his voice rang through the phone. 

"Well look who's giving me a call!" He answered sarcastically. 

"Well why don't you look at who's finally answering my calls?!" Mia said back, frustrated as she had rang him at least 6 times in the last hour. 

"I was filming, lass. What's going on?" Cal said nonchalantly.

"Not much, just had a quick question. You've got a minute?" 

"Go on?"

"I'm at the shop right now grabbing some things and was wondering if you were free for dinner tonight? Just a small thank you for your help and stuff." Mia explained, wanting to have fresh ingredients to make sure a thank you meal was at its best possible potential.  

"Yeah I should be free for some dinner, want me to ask Bog?" 

"If you could that would be great!"

Cal then proceeded to yell and ask Harry, but from Mia's stand point, he was yelling loud enough to make sure his parents could hear him over in Scotland. She flinched, pulling the phone away from her ear. 

"Harry said he should be good, when do you want us over?" 

"Can you do seven?" 

"Sound, see you then." 

"See ya." Mia said into the phone, before hanging up. She slipped her phone into her bag and started to mentally prepare a list of what she'd need for dinner as she walked through the store. 

By the time her shopping had finished and her food had been prepared, she was exhausted. With the roast tucked into the oven and the table already set, Mia threw herself onto the couch and let out a breath big enough to put the big bad wolf to shame. She could huff and puff any house down. 

She pulled out her phone from the pocket of her hoodie to see that there were a few notifications she had missed. Nothing too important, just a few messages and such. She noticed one from her boyfriend and had clicked on it so she could text him back, as they haven't spoken yet today. 

from matt
how was your day x

to matt
so tired, just made some dinner and i'm about to pass out
how are you?

from matt
are you eating alone? did you figure out how to make anything good lmao?
I'm alright, just got home from work.

to matt
nah, it's a thank you meal for cal and his flatmate
for helping me build everything
couldn't be bothered learning something new, made them a roast dinner x

from matt
lmao so nothing good 
who cares, cals a prick
deserves your dry roast anyways

Mia rolled her eyes before locking her phone and throwing it aside. How did he manage to insult both her cooking and Cal in the same breath? Not that she could be bothered, he always complained about her cooking anyways. Actually, he was one of the only people who didn't like her cooking. Or at least one of the only people who were brave enough to say it to her face.