twenty four

"Mia? What are you doing here?" Harry mumbled out groggily, clearly having just woken up as he was stood by the front door of his flat with both a sleepy and confused expression on his face. 

After spending the night tossing and turning, Mia wasn't able to get so much as a second of sleep. She had her conversation with the girls on her mind and her guilty conscious over Cal preventing her from thinking straight. So as soon as the sun came up, Mia practically stormed over to the boys' flat and banged on their door for about a full minute until a half asleep Harry opened the door in just his pyjama bottoms. Her eyes trailed down to his shirtless torso for a moment until they snapped back up to his half asleep face

"I need to speak with Cal." She said firmly, needing to get this conversation over and done with so she could move on with her life. It was true that she was the one actively avoiding him, but at this moment in time she could not care less. 

"He's uhm.." Harry stuttered, trying to gather his thoughts so early in the morning as he scratched at his chest awkwardly, struggling to keep his eyes open, "he's in his room."

Harry then stepped aside, letting Mia walk in as he processed what was going on, or tried to at least. Mia then stormed through their flat, just like she had hundreds of times before, and passed the kitchen and headed towards Cal's door. Just like she had moments ago, she started to bang on it until the door flew open and she came face to face with Cal. Just like Harry, Cal was stood there in just his pyjama bottoms- which opposite of Harry was unfortunately not something she hadn't seen before.

"Have you actually gone mad ?!" He shouted, yelling loud enough for all the shoppers at the Waitrose down the street to hear as he realized who had started a ruckus so early in the morning. 

"I just wanna talk." Mia said calmly, as if there was nothing out of the ordinary about her showing up at their apartment so early in the morning. 

"So you decided to wake up the whole of London?!" He groaned, both his hands resting on his eyes before he slid them up his face, interlocking his fingers so his hands until they were resting flat on the top of his head, pushing his hair back. 

"Well I was aiming for the whole of the UK, but London will do." She joked, taking her bag off of her shoulder and setting it on their dining table, which was right across from the kitchen and right next to the entrance of Cal's room. 

"I'm fuming, Mia. You're fucking insane." He finally sighed, letting out a deep breath before he walked over to the side of his bed and hastily picked a jumper up from off the floor. As he slid it on over his head, he gave Mia another glare whilst muttering some choice words under his breath that she chose to ignore.

In the middle of his angry mutters, he stormed out his room and started to walk out the swinging door by the kitchen and up the stairs that led to their infamous rooftop, signaling her to follow him. As she trudged behind him, she noticed he didn't even bother waiting for her at the top of the stairs as she saw the door slam shut behind him. 

As she stepped out onto the roof, the cold morning air hit her like a ton of bricks. She let out a small shiver as she walked towards the couches they had set up outside, plopping herself down besides Cal who had his head leaned back, looking at the sky slightly annoyed. Mia turned her body so she was leaning on the armrest, and facing Cal, whilst she brought her knees up to her chest. 

"I've been trying to talk to you for the past two weeks." He finally said after a few moments of silence between them, turning his head to face her as he pulled his hood on his head to keep warm. He seemed slightly more alert, the cold wind seemingly waking him up.