twenty seven

"Ayo Mia, please don't be mad at me." JJ shouted from across the pub as soon as Harry and Mia walked through the doors. While at first she was startled by his booming voice echoing her name around the pub, a laugh fell from both their lips as the two walked towards their table. JJ looked at them nervously from the corner of the left side of the booth, with Ethan and Simon sat across from him. 

"Why do you guys keep apologizing to her?! You guys called me out!" Harry groaned as they reached the table, stopping to take off his bright green jacket. He tossed his puffer over the top of the booth walls before reaching over and grabbing the jacket in Mia's hands and tossing hers on top of his. She offered him a smile before sitting beside JJ, with Harry sliding in next to her, and greeting everyone. 

"I saw Cal's tweet and mans was moving mad!" JJ said as soon as Mia settled in the booth. 

"You were all moving mad,"Mia sighed, chuckling lightly before turning to face Simon, "speak of mad movements- where's Talia?" 

The table erupted in laughter after Mia's slight dig towards Talia, causing a satisfied grin to play on her lips.  

"Bloody hell Mia, you're the one moving mad." Ethan choked out in the midst of laughter, all four boys laughing harder than the joke was worth. 

"She's using the bathroom, should be out in a second." Simon finally said, his laughter dying down as he shook his head at her. 

In the middle of a casual conversation about Sidemen filming, the waitress came by and got everyones drink orders for the first round. It took a few minutes for Talia to come back from the bathrooms but as she approached the table, Simon got up and allowed for her to slide in between himself and Ethan so she was sat across from Mia. Even though the two had spoken for a bit in the afternoon, Talia caught up the rest of the table about her current moving situation and how difficult it was for her to find a new flat. 

"I think she's just being too picky." Simon teased, earning a dirty look from Talia. 

"I'm not being picky! I just want a nice place to live, I don't think that's too much to ask for!" Talia groaned, shooting daggers at her boyfriend. 

"How did you find a place so quick, Mia?" Ethan asked from the corner of the table, looking at Mia.

"Well it's my parent, they used to rent it out but I decided to take it over after I finished uni." Mia told him.

"Bloody hell! Rent free in London? Lass is living the dream." Ethan exclaimed just as the waitress came by with drinks, handing them out to each of them. 

"I mean, I do tons of work for my parents. I manage most of their properties and they use to have me doing it for free until I told them I want to move into this flat." Mia nodded, reaching over to pick up her drink, "but I'm gonna start looking for a new job, my parents are horrible bosses if I'm being honest."

"If you're looking for work, I know Josh mentioned something about needing someone to help with some business things for the Sidemen. I'm sure we could get you in." Harry offered, taking a sip of his beer as he looked over at her. 

"That's sweet," Mia said, offering a smile, "but over my dead body."

"W-w-what'd you mean?" Harry laughed out, choking on his drink as he set it down. 

"What? And have you lot as my bosses?" Mia chuckled, rolling her eyes as she looked between the four boys sat at the table, "I'll pass on that one." 

"We'd make wonderful bosses!" Ethan exclaimed, a hearty laugh falling from his lips while he looked at her in slight disbelief, not sure whether or not she was kidding.