eighteen

"Vik, why were you being so brutal during the Tinder video?! If I was one of those girls I would have broken down into tears!" Mia asked Vik, who was sat down the table from her in the busy restaurant. 

"Well next time we'll have you on, I'd look forward to making you cry." Vik joked, trying to keep a serious expression on his face to mimic his energy from the most recent Sidemen video.

"Jesus Vik, you're about to make me cry right now." Mia laughed at him, shaking her head. 

"Vik, lad, are you okay? What's going on?" Harry piped up with a chuckle from where he was sat beside Mia. 

Vik just shook his head and laughed before turning to JJ, who was beside him, and joining whatever conversation he was part of. 

All the boys had decided to go out as a group to dinner, even though it was just a random Tuesday night. Freya, Talia, and Mia joined them but agreed they'd go out for drinks together afterwards, just the three of them,  to catch up on some well needed girl time. 

"Mia, were you able to figure out the problem with your phone?" Talia asked from her seat across from Mia. 

As she asked her question, the waitress placed the starter salads in front of everybody. Mia nodded towards Talia, as she placed a napkin on her laps and reached for her fork. 

"Yeah," Mia nodded, reaching her fork over towards Harry's plate beside her to take the  tomatoes out of his salad, "it was some weird technical thing so I just bought a new one, it was time for an upgrade honestly."

Talia furrowed her eyebrows at the sight in front of her. Mia, who was casually holding a conversation as if she wasn't doing anything, was plucking things out of Harry's salad. Harry, who was in the middle of talking to Simon, was taking the croutons out of Mia's salad, as if it was second nature to them. They were more in sync than anything she had ever seen before.  

"What...uhm.. what colour did you get?" Talia asked slowly, watching them carefully.

"Gold." Mia said, before looking down at her plate.

"Harry, you forgot a crouton." She said casually, placing it on his plate as he offered a casual nod to thank her in the midst of his conversation with Simon. 

Talia gave the girl a weird look, one that she caught on to. 

"What are you looking at?" Mia mumbled, before shoveling some food into her mouth. 

"What was that?" Talia mouthed, trying to not attract any attention. 

"Harry doesn't like tomatoes." Mia explained, her eyebrows furrowed at the line of questioning coming towards her.

"But you didn't even ask him? You just.. took them out?" Talia muttered.

"I mean we do it all the time I guess?" Mia shrugged and then continued to eat, ignoring the weird look Talia still had on her face. 

The rest of the dinner was plenty of fun, just like it always was when they were all out as a group. Eventually, everyone had said their goodbyes but the three girls. As they had planned, they walked about 2 blocks north of the restaurant towards a bar they would often go to. Not the bar that they go to with everyone else, or 'Harry and Mia's pub' as the group called it, but one they had said was 'girls only'.

Once they sat and ordered their drinks, they just talked about whatever was on their minds. Talia complained about her inability to find a new flat that met her (rightfully so) high standards and Freya complained about how she couldn't fix a glitch that kept happening in her twitch streams.