twenty

"What are you all smiley about?" Mia asked with raised eyebrows as she walked into the living room of JJ and Simon's flat just to see her best friend waiting for her with a grin on her face.

"Me? Smiley? Don't know what you mean." Talia smirked, the smile practically stapled on her face as Mia sat down across from her on the large u-shaped couch.

"Talia?"  Mia pressed, sending a glare towards the girl. 

"Maybe I'm just smiling because I'm happy to see you, ever thought of that?" Talia shrugged, a sly grin still on her face.

"I know you're not that happy to see me," Mia laughed, rolling her eyes, "plus I saw you yesterday you softy." 

"Yeah... yesterday." Talia started, suddenly beginning to sit up straighter, "how was yesterday?"

"What are you on about, you were there?" Mia ask with her eyebrows furrowed together.

And before Talia had the chance to answer, JJ and Simon walked into the room- mid conversation. As they saw the confused look on Mia's face and the smug look on Talia's, they stopped talking and shared a confused look with each other. 

"Is everything okay here?" Simon asked, cautiously, as he walked slowly over to sit down next to Talia. 

"Yeah, what's going on?" JJ piped up as he plopped down next to Mia.

"I wish I could tell you, Talia's being proper weird." Mia shrugged, looking between JJ and Simon in confusion. 

"She's always being proper weird." Simon laughed out but was quick to quiet down as he received a dirty look from Talia. 

The boys watched as Mia and Talia bickered for a few more minutes, Mia insisting that Talia was being weird and Talia insisting that she had no idea what Mia was talking about. As soon as a moment of silence washed over the girls, JJ was quick to change the subject.

"So Mia," He started with a flirtatious smirk playing on his lips, "heard you're having a party next Friday night."

"Yeah! You're coming right." She asked, offering a smile.

"Yeah, yeah man. Wouldn't miss it." JJ responded, a slight smirk still in his voice.

"Sound, mate, I'm buzzing." Mia said as she leaned back into the couch.

"I could get you buzzing in more ways than that." JJ said, wiggling his eyebrows at Mia who only let out a small laugh. 

"JJ!" Talia exclaimed, her mouth gaping at her boyfriends flatmate for the mad comment he had just made. Simon had let out a loud laugh which he quickly muffled and tried to hide with a couch- but the small smile from his laugh was still evident on his lips. 

"I'm just saying!" JJ laughed out with a shrug, turning to look at Mia and offering her a wink. 

Mia shook her head slightly before saying, "Okay, bet."

JJ slowly stopped laughing, his mouth falling open and his signature shocked expression was plastered on his face. His eyes scanned Mia's face, looking for a sign of a joke only for her to be dead serious.

"Huh?" He asked, confused. 

"I said bet. Your place or mine?" She nodded, raising her eyebrows as she waited for a response and watched his face go through a mix of emotions. JJ's mouth opened and closed a few times, his eyebrows furrowing as he focused in on her to see whether or not she was kidding. 

"What...nah. Nah fam, you've got a boyfriend. You can't trick me." He said, stumbling over his words as his eyes went back and forth while he tried to figure out what was going on out loud.