TWELVE

KING'S APARTMENT
NOVEMBER 11th
20:03 p.m.

"I'm Beau Tucker, Noelle's brother."

Noelle's breath hitches as memories of that night came flooding back. He's here, he's here, he's here.

The fear toxin somehow made him seem less scary.

Damian steps in front of her, arm outstretched in protection. He can't do anything right now without exposing himself.

"Well don't just stand there, Elle," Beau starts, looking past Andrea with a grin. "Come give your big brother a hug."

"Noelle," Dennis chimes from the kitchen's threshold. He stands in front of Leo protectively. "Who is this man?"

Beau raises a brow. "You didn't tell these lovely people about me? I admit, I'm a little offended."

"Whoever you are," Andrea snaps, gaining the taller man's attention, "you are not welcomed here. Stay away from my daughter."

"Your daughter?" Beau chuckles in amusement. "Sorry, ma'am, but Noelle ain't your daughter. She's my sister. We're true family."

Damian hears the familiar click of a gun, making his eyes narrow ahead. I need to do something, he thinks. I could take him out, but he might end up shooting someone before I can get to him.

I should call for Father. He might be able to get here without me having to expose myself. I just need to reach the tracker in my pocket.

Beau pushes himself inside the apartment, the barrel of his gun aimed at Andrea's head as he shuts the door behind him. He doesn't take his eyes off of Noelle.

"Well?" He prompts, waving the gun just a bit, "aren't ya gonna tell them?"  Damian obstructs Beau's view of Noelle by stepping in front of her protectively. Beau frowns. "Pardon my French, but who the fuck are you?"

"That's none of your concern," Damian retorts calmly. Emerald eyes narrow at Beau. "If you wouldn't mind lowering the gun from Mrs. King's head, we can talk this out."

Beau stares at Damian for a second, studying him for a few seconds before letting out an amused chuckle. "You must be Damian. She warned me about you."

Who's she? Certainly not Noelle, we hadn't met before September.

Beau lowers the gun, allowing Andrea to let out a shaky breath. Damian admired her bravery. She didn't scream or cry in fear as most women in that situation would.

"What are you? A suitor for Noelle?"

"Please, stop," Noelle pleads from behind Damian. She moves her head so Beau could see her. "What do you want?"

Beau raises a brow. "Noelle, I know you're smarter than that. I wasn't lying when I said we'd be a family again."

"Noelle, what is he talking about?" Dennis demands, pulling Andrea closer to him. Noelle and Damian were out of his reach.

Noelle wipes away her tear before narrowing her eyes at Beau. "This is Beau," she introduces, "he's my biological brother."

I need to get closer, Damian thinks as Noelle steps beside him. He keeps his arm in front of her, just in case he'll have to move her from a bullet's path. I can take him out once I get him to aim the gun at me.

"Your biological brother?" Andrea repeats before looking between the two for similarities. "No," she shakes her head, "your adoption file didn't say anything about a brother."