FIFTEEN

BEANZ CAFÉ
NOVEMBER 16th
15:48 p.m.

If Damian were to be honest, he wasn't exactly sure why he had to be here. Noelle attempted to explain how awkward it would be if she interrogated some random guy alone, but it didn't make a lot of sense.

There were three reasons Damian could think of that would justify his absence. One: he does not know Silas enough to involve himself in his love life. Two: This 'Christian' guy and Silas should figure it out themselves. And three: Damian didn't give a shit.

Unfortunately, Noelle cares enough about the situation. And if Noelle cares, Damian has to at least pretend to care.

So now the four of them were sitting in the corner booth of the small café. Damian hadn't said a word since they sat, allowing Silas and Noelle to carry the conversation.

He decided to make use of his trained vigilance to analyze the interactions between Silas and Christian. It would help Noelle with whatever while giving him something to do.

As the two chatted about something unimportant like their history class, Damian notes Christian's relaxed posture. There was a slight lean toward Silas, but that could be played off as interest in the conversation.

Their hands were close to each other on the table. All Christian would have to do is move his pinky and they'd be touching. Still, proximity like that could be considered normal for close friends.

Damian couldn't find what Noelle was obsessing about. Everything could be deemed as platonic. He nearly gave up on her quest until he saw Christian look at Silas.

Oh, was all Damian could think.

There was a certain look in the dyed blonde's eye when Noelle mentioned Silas's name. It sparkled when their names were put together in reference to whatever activity.

Whatever the reason was, Damian knew that look. His brothers made sure to point it out anytime Noelle was mentioned.

This guy was infatuated with the person beside him, Damian could tell.

How many times have people seen me give her that same look? The thought almost made him smile.

"—right, Damian?"

Shit. He blinks, not realizing he was staring at Noelle for who knows how long.

"What?" He asks, not bothering to play it off.

Noelle's lips quirk into a small smile, light brown eyes conveying amusement as she repeats her question.

"I said," she huffs out, "don't you think you'll be fine being left here with Christian while Silas and I get some snacks?"

No.

Damian managed to convey his answer with his look, forcing Noelle to sneakily pinch his side. Her eyes narrow, making Damian realize he doesn't have much of a choice.

"Yes," he agrees with a mumble, eyes narrowing as Noelle beams.

"Great! I'll get you your muffin. Come on, Si." She slides out of the booth, pulling Silas with her.