ELEVEN

WAYNE MANOR
OCTOBER 2ND
12:37 p.m.

I'm offering my friendship.

He doesn't hear those words often, especially the last one. Friendship. Of course Damian has friends, he's got the Teen Titans and Jon, but those friendships formed under abnormal circumstances. His time with Noelle felt...normal, even if it was the furthest thing from it for her.

What was even weirder was the fact she said that after he basically told her to fuck of with the trusting stuff.

He wanted to see her more than an hour and a half for five days a week. Even worse, he wanted to see her as Damian.

Damian bites into the grilled cheese Alfred made not too long ago, trying to distract himself from his thoughts.

Suddenly, a hand reaches over his shoulder, quickly snatching the triangular half from his hand. Damian's eyes widen before quickly spinning in his spot.

With a smug smile, Dick takes a bite into the grilled cheese.

"Circus freak strikes again," Damian insults before reaching for it. Dick moves his hand out of the way before lifting high so Damian can't reach without having to jump. "Give it back, Dick."

"Haven't heard that before," Dick retorts before rolling his eyes. "Consider it a favor, Bruce wants to talk to you."

Damian scoffs before jumping up and snatching the other half back. "So? He knows where to find me."

"In his study, Damian," Dick clarifies, making Damian sigh.

A meeting with his father in the study never leads to anything good being said. Usually the times he's met with his father in the study meant he's done something wrong.

Maybe he discovered my whereabouts on Saturday. He quickly denies the thought. If Bruce was going to say something about last week, he would've said it as soon as possible.

Perhaps it's about the thief? No, he wouldn't tell him about that, especially since he's benched from helping stop her.

With an annoyed huff, he puts the sandwich back on the plate, which Dick easily takes once more. "You're making me a new one," Damian snaps before walking away. His Great Dane, Titus, immediately stands to follow.

The two walk throughout the large empty mansion, crossing hallways and open spaces to reach the study on the other side.

Damian reaches the door, it being closed to the rest of the family before letting out a sigh. He looks over at Titus before muttering out a "stay." Titus sits and waits in the hallway as Damian opens the door.

There were very few times Damian actually felt intimidated by his father. One of them being after he killed Mr. Nobody. It was had to forget the disappointment Bruce felt. It scared Damian into thinking he might've finally given up on his son.

But he never felt frightened when having a meeting with his father, just annoyed until the very end where Bruce ends up saying something that angers him.

"I lost a grilled cheese for this, Father," he greets. Bruce doesn't bother looking up from his files. "What have I done this time?"

"Nothing I don't already know," he retorts with a small smile as he looks away from the files. Damian doesn't smile. "That was a joke."

Damian forces a tight, toothless smile. "A vigilante and a comedian. You amaze me, Father."

"I'm allowing you back on the Wayne Lab case."