FIVE

KING'S APARTMENT
NOVEMBER 1ST
11:36 a.m.

The moment wouldn't stop replaying in her head. She gathered courage and did what she was scared to do...and it worked.

She couldn't believe it. The drive back to Silas's was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. The night ended with the two helping Silas to his room and Damian awkwardly asking to see her again. But like, on an actual date.

Since she got home about an hour ago, Noelle had been laying on her bed, waiting for who knows what. School didn't cancel despite it being the day after Halloween, but hardly anyone would show up. Noelle didn't want her first day back to be to no one. The portrait of her rests against the wall not too far from her. Her worries were temporarily forgotten as she begun to envision her near future.

What's Mama going to think? She questions herself. Or Silas? Or everyone at school and in Gotham? Would they even care? No, of course they would. It's Damian.

Are people going to be spiteful? What if they think I'm not pretty enough for him? Or a gold-digger? Maybe they're violent.

But then she imagined Damian telling her it would be okay; that they shouldn't care about what others think. Because it would just be the two of them in their own little world.

Those thoughts bring her out of the anxiety hole she'd created for herself. It even makes her smile.

Her phone buzzes, forcing her to quickly reach for it with the hopes of it being a notification from Damian. She frowns in confusion at the text from an unknown number.

unknown
This Noelle King?

possibly demon head's girlfriend
...
maybe
why

unknown
I'm damian's brother
well, one of them
you may have heard of me.
I'm his second favorite.
~ jason ~

demon head's girlfriend
oh!
yes, Jason
he's talked about you

~ jason ~
ditto.
he told me about last night.
nice job
also
you're officially invited for family dinner
this weekend :)

demon head's girlfriend
did damian put you up to this?

~ jason ~
demon spawn would rather die
than invite you to meet the family.
which is why we're totally doing it.
Tim's gonna be here in a few days anyway.
so you'll get to meet his immediate family.

Noelle's eyes widen at the thought. They hadn't even gone on a first date and she was already meeting the family?

~ jason ~
don't freak out or anything.

demon head's girlfriend
sorry
just processing
Damian and I haven't even had a first
date yet. are you sure this is gonna
be okay?

~ jason ~
he sleeps on your couch
on school days. you're close enough.
besides, isn't he supposed to be there now?