SEVENTEEN

GOTHAM STORAGE UNITS
OCTOBER 14TH
21:06 p.m

Everything felt cold. Her skin, her clothes, her insides...it felt cold and brutal. She felt sore for no reason. Noelle hates it. The bright light above her beckons her to open her eyes, which she regretfully does.

She flinches before closing her eyes again. She tries turning, only for something to stop her. With annoyance, she open her eyes again, this time allowing herself to adjust to the light.

"Four hours and twenty-seven minutes," a familiar voice chimes, "that's thirty-six minutes longer than Daniel."

Noelle gulps before glaring at the source. It takes a few seconds for Jade's semi-blurry figure to appear. Noelle notices the black rope binding her right wrist down. She assumes it's the same for her left wrist and both ankles, but she can't feel them.

"Jade," Noelle mumbles before clearing her throat. "Wha—What are you doing?"

"Baiting my man." She grins down at Noelle. "You know, you've got soft lips."

Noelle grunts as she yanks her wrists against the restraints. "Jade," she begins, "why am I here?"

"Honestly, you weren't part of my original plan," she admits before looking past Noelle. "Silas, sweetie, can you get me the light brown lipstick? The one with the gold flakes?" Noelle turns her head, watching as Silas aimlessly obliges. "According to Silas here, you and my love have gotten a little too close this past month."

Noelle frowns. "You mean Robin?" She looks back at Jade, flinching from the bright light. "There isn't—"

"Whether there is or isn't, you're an important factor now," she sighs before flicking the light off. Noelle blinks rapidly to adjust. "You're his "damsel in distress," or whatever the sexist term is. He'll come here and then I'll make him mine."

"The same way you did with Silas?"

"Huh?" Jade retorts, looking a little confused. At that moment, Silas hands her the requested lipstick. "Oh yeah, Silas." She giggles. "I didn't need my lipstick for him until a few days ago when he wasn't willing to help me. He was easy to reel in."

"So you're doing this for love," Noelle notes, trying to sit up. Her restraints prevent her from doing that. "You don't have to do it like this." Jade's grin wavers, but doesn't fall. Noelle can sense the hesitance.

"I don't have any other choice."

"But you want one," Noelle continues, "which means there's room for redemption." Jade holds the lipstick but does nothing with it, allowing Noelle to continue. "You can change for the better, Jade. You can—"

"Pathos," she retorts, no longer looking happy or hesitant. She applies the protectant before applying the lipstick. "Shut up, he'll be here any minute." She looks back at Silas. "Sit down until I'm ready."

"Jade, please—"

"Shut the fuck up before I do more than poison your sorry ass," Jade snaps, making Noelle flinch. Noelle obliges and says nothing else.

The two jolt in their spots at the sound of the storage unit door opening. A few seconds pass before Robin walks into view, a glare aimed at Jade.

Noelle could sense Jade's sudden panic. Her face was no longer smug and prepared: she was nervous. Noelle couldn't tell if Jade's nervousness was because of the plan, or her 'love' finally arriving. This isn't going to go good, Noelle predicts as Robin turns the corner.

Jade lets out breath before giving a small easy-going smile. "Robin," she greets breathlessly, nearly dropping her lipstick, "you came." The sight of him makes her sigh as the smile forms.