SEVENTEEN

ARKHAM ASYLUM
NOVEMBER 18th
11:22 AM

After ten days of silence, Daniel finally got the message he was waiting for. It wasn't from Jade, but it was from Beau Tucker. Daniel vaguely remembers the name from his conversation with Robin. He must be Jade's 'other guy' who was sent to gather information.

But Daniel hardly knows the guy other than the two times he relayed Jade's instructions. What could Beau possibly want with him?

He was instructed to bring the package he'd been holding onto since his first visit to Arkham and was surprised to find out the guards let him walk into the empty visitor's room with it. What did they do to get that privilege?

Every visit he's made to Arkham was loud. He would constantly struggle with hearing Jade's demands due to the loudness of the other inmates. He used to hate it.

Now that he's sitting alone in silence, he misses the surrounding noise.

Now, he waits in the cold folding chair for Beau to come out and speak to him.

This has to be my last visit, Daniel tells himself once again. I'll do what I promised and never come back.

He came to this conclusion after his talk with Robin. Jade was a dangerous young woman who held power over Daniel. He can't help but root for her, even after acknowledging the pain she's caused.

God, he was fucked in the head.

"Last visit," he whispers to himself, holding the package close to him. "I need to smoke after this."

Maybe it was good that he was meeting with Beau instead of Jade. I don't think I'd be able to stay away if I was visiting her.

The gates buzz loudly, indicating the arrival of the inmate. Daniel looks up from the metal table, making eye contact with the man he's only met twice.

Beau gives a charming smile but says nothing as he takes his seat. Daniel's gaze drops to the table as Beau leans back. The gate buzzes loudly once more before shutting.

"Hello, little messenger," he finally greets with that deep southern accent. "I'm delighted to see you made it."

"Where..." Daniel starts. He forces himself to look Beau in the eye before swallowing his fear. "Why did you want to meet me?"

Beau gives a sly grin. "I'm supposed to sign for my delivery." He nods his head at the package in Daniel's arms. Daniel unintentionally grips the package closer to his chest. "Clearly you didn't open it."

"She told me not to," Daniel mumbles. "What's supposed to be in it?"

Beau's grin doesn't falter. "Miss Jade said she wanted to show you herself."

Daniel shakes his head. "I'm not coming back after this." Beau raises an amused brow. "I promised I'd give the package, but I'm done."

"Well, ain't that disappointing to hear," Beau sighs. "You wanna go ahead and hand over the package?"

"I will," Daniel promises, "I just...I need to know something." Beau raises a brow but doesn't say anything. He waves his hand, indicating for Daniel to continue. "How do you know Noelle? And what's Jade's plan?"

Beau tilts his head. "Noelle's my little sister. We're each other's only family."

Daniel frowns. If he remembers correctly, Beau was sent to Noelle's place to hurt people. Was she supposed to be a victim? "Why would you try to hurt her if she's your sister?"

"I would never," Beau snaps. His fist clenches at the accusation. "I was trying to save her from that fake family."

"But Jade wants Robin. Why would she be concerned about your plans for Noelle?"