■5■

"We are leaving tomorrow and you still haven't asked Uncle."

Badiya was laying across on her bed with her hair creating a halo around her face. She was still in her pajamas and called her newly made friend the first thing after freshing up. Hasifa and Badiya had become good friends in the past week, constantly talking on the phone or going out to see places and having lunch before she came back to Islamabad.

The Shah's had already gone to their ancestral village Saliabad to have the preparations started and Badiya and her family is going to leave tomorrow. Badiya wanted the only two friends she had to be at her engagement but Armeena couldn't come due to some family affairs. And now, Hasifa was hesitating since she hasn't been around her family alot and felt like she would intrude in their intimate function since only immidiate family was invited.

"Yaar, Baba will have no problem allowing me. It's just that-"

"Then what's the problem? Start packing and I'll book the next flight's ticket for you and mail you the details."

"Diya, there's no need for that. I don't know if I should come to your family function."

"Mama! Dekhain na Hasifa aanay se mana kar rahi because she thinks she'll be intruding." (See, Hasifa is denying to come....)

Badiya whined to her mom who just entered her room with a whole lot of things followed by a maid and extended her phone to her.

"Hasifa beta, mujhe bohot acha lagega agr ap aa jayain gi tou. Meri bohot help ho jaye gi kiuke Diya k final trials or salon treatments baaqi hain or in mohtarma ko akela nahi trust kiya ja skta. Please come beta. I'll personally call Iqbal Bhai." Sameena Hussain took the phone from Badiya and said after saying her salam.

"Jee, Aunty." Hasifa finally gave in after Mrs. Hussain's request.

"Thankyou, Beta." She gave the phone back to Badiya and went to her wardrobe to start her packing as she had completed her own and her husband's packing and checked on Waliya and Umer's suitcases as well. Badiya was worse than her teenager siblings and cannot be trusted with clothes and accessories especially since it was her own engagement.

Badiya bid Hasifa goodbye after booking the earliest flight which was going to take off in an hour and a half which means Hasifa will reach Islamabad in two and a half hours.

Badiya went to pick up Hasifa from the airport and they both had lunch at Badiya's home with her family and then they both left for the boutique and went to the salon after that. Badiya faced the misery of going through numerous treatments but Hasifa and Waliya made it bearable for her. They were both now laying in her bed talking about random stuff staring up at the ceiling when Badiya called her name.

"Hasifa?"

"Hmm."

"I don't think I am ready for this." Badiya says moving her neck to face Hasifa.

"What do you mean?" Hasifa copied Badiya's movement and asked with a frown.

"I am not sure about this engagement." Badiya started and looked back at the ceiling.

"I mean he thinks I am a child and I guess I am. And he hates me. He's always scolding me for everything and he puts these restrictions on me. I feel like he's always trying to make me feel miserable because I have done something bad to him and he hates me because of it. My thoughts are just so scattered." Badiya said still looking at the ceiling unblinking.

"Diya, you told me he was the one who asked for your hand in marriage and convinced your father. And according to everything you have told me, you always did something extremely stupid for which he scolded you. And all his restrictions always turned out to be good for you." Hasifa turned on her side and said in a soft tone. She could understand where Diya was coming from but that ignorant friend of hers couldn't see the way Shehryar looked at her like she was the centre of his universe. And all his actions screamed he was just being protective of her.