■6■

"Beta, you are now the wife of a Shah. There are other responisibilities that come with your wifely duties."

Badiya blushed on the mention of her wifely duties and wanted to smack her cheeks for turning red. She was sitting in Bi Jaan's room with other ladies after the nikkah was done and everyone had the dinner buffet arranged. It was a lavish event definitely but afterall it was the Shah of Haripur's coronation and wedding today.

"I hope you will live up to the expectations." Bi Jaan continued her pep talk.

"Jee." She said with her gaze bowed down. Her back had started to hurt now by carrying the heavy dress all day. Shehryar had definitely been a help in carrying the heavily embroided essemble as he held her hand whenever they had to walk and she leaned half of her weight on him.

Badiya didn't know how to feel. She was a married woman now. Are you supposed to instantly feel different after saying the do bol of acceptance? Maybe not. There should be a guide on how to feel while and after getting married.

On the other side, Shehryar had no problem dealing with his feelings. He was ecstatic on finally having Badiya all to himself as his wife. He had happily took all the teasings he had gotten when he was attending to Badiya during the whole function and dinner. It was his duty to take care of his wife after all. And now he was sitting here in the annoying company of his brother, brother-in-law and their cousins. All he wanted to do was spend time with his wife.

"Sherry Jaan, go to your room. Your wife is waiting for you. And ap sab bhi ab sonay jayain, bohot raat ho chuki hai." (And all of you also go to beds. It's very late now.)

Sharmeen came to the lounge area where the guys were all sitting to call Shehryar as she had just settled Badiya in the royal suite of the haveli.

"Hayye, konsa humari dulhan humara intezar kr rahi hai jo hum bhi sonay chale jayain, Mama. Hum badnaseebon ko apne gham hi bhulanay dain yaha beth kr."(Oh, it's not like our brides are waiting for us to come. Atleast let us unlucky people ponder over our misfortunes sitting here.) Wali leaned back on the sofa folding his arms behind his head and said in a dramatic way.

"Apko bhi kisi khuntain se bandhne ka sochte hain jaldi." (We'll start thinking of tying you to someone soon.) His mother replied as everyone including Shehryar laughed at his dramatics.

"Jee, nawazish ho gi." (Oh, I'll be very thankful.) Wali winked at his mother and recieved a slap to his chest in return.

"Besharam!" (You shameless guy!)

Sharmeen laughed at her younger son's antics and held her older son by his arm taking him towards the double staircase.

"The relationship of a man and his wife is a very sensitive but beautiful relation. You and Badiya are now together for life. You have to face the ups and downs together. Treat her the way you would want your daughter to be treated by her husband." She said caressing his bicep with her other hand and Shehryar nodded. She needed to guide her son as a mother though she trusted him and her upbringing.

She stopped at the base of the staircase and Shehryar kissed her forehead before turning around to climb the stairs.

"Aur Badr?" (And Badr?)

He turned back to look at his mother when she called him.

"Jee, Ammi." (Yes, mother?)

"Ab se meri bahu ko ankhain nikalna band." (Stop intimidating my daughter-in-law from now on.) Sharmeen said in a teasing tone.