●5●

"It was fun. We should do it more often."

The family returned in the evening after having a day out. They all slumped on the couches in the living room.

"Affi, beta, bring me a glass of water." Their father, Ali Razzaq, asked Afeefah who got up to bring water for everyone. She came with a tray and gave the water to everyone.

"I am going to my room to rest." Rahima got up and went towards the staircase.

"Ask Farri to come down." Salma told Rahima as Fariah and Rahima shared a room.

"She isn't in her room Ammi." Afeefah said, still sipping on the water.

"I went to use the bathroom. She wasn't there." She clarified.

"She must be in the kitchen then." Salma said getting up. She was a bit paranoid on leaving Haider and Fariah alone in the house but she thought that her son doesn't pay her attention as it is, they won't do anything. Now, she was getting suspicious.

"I just came from the kitchen. She isn't there as well." Afeefah stated unaware of the glares she was receiving from her siblings.

"She must be-uh...in Dadi's room. I'll go call her." Rahima tried to cover the situation. They all were aware of the changed feelings of their brother and it didn't take rocket science to guess they both must be together. And they were also aware of the fact that if their mother saw them together, hell will break loose.

"I'll go myself." Salma got up and moved towards her mother-in-law's room.

"Mom, I'm going na." Rahima tried to stop her mother but she didn't listen.

"Ammi, Fariah yahan hai?" (Mother, is Fariah here?) Salma entered the room and asked Nafeesa Begum, who was doing tasbeeh.

"Uski tabiyat nahi theek thi. Apne kamray mai araam kr rahi hai wo."(She wasn't feeling well. She's resting in her room.) Nafeesa replied, confused at the flustered state of Salma.

"Kamray mai nahi hai wo." (She's not in her room.) Salma blubbered and left in a hurry. Nafeesa Begum still confused at what happened followed her out of the room.

Salma rushed towards Haider's room in fury and banged the door. Everyone had followed her there.

"Haider, open the door!"

"Kya ho gaya hai Salma?" (What happened Salma?) Ali Razzaq asked his wife completely oblivious to what happened all of a sudden.

"Ammi, Bhai change kr rahe honge. Ap chhor dain na please." Ayyan tried to take his mother away but she just glared at him and knocked at the door again.

"Haider!"

Haider was peacefully sleeping with his wife when the commotion outside woke him up. He heard his mother's yelling and got up to open the door while trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Mom, you-" He confusedly looked at his whole family standing outside his room with different expressions. His siblings looked worried, his grand-mother and father looked as confused as him and his mother looked furious.

"Get aside!" Her mother pushed through the door and went inside his room.

"You witch!" She yelled at Fariah who had just waken up by the voices and was getting up from the bed. She stood still beside the bed when she heard her Mumani yell at her.

"Mumani, ap-" She said in trembling voice but she was cut off by the sound of a slap ringing in the room.

"You characterless woman! How dare you manipulate my son like this!"