■9■

Author's Note
Finally we are here, at the last chapter of Ta'beer. This story was completely unplanned for me and I struggled with it throughout but I guess it paid off in the end with the amount of love from you guys I received. So, before you start the chapter give my extremely talented friend's instagram page @aneesa.art a follow. Also I would like to thank @girlistotalsyapa for the beautiful covers she made for my books (made a different chapter for that). Sadly she has deleted her wattpad and instagram account. If you know her and know if she has made a new account please tag her. Thankyou! And Enjoy. ❤

~

"Badr."

Badiya said in a teary voice as she walked in their bedroom. Shehryar left the file he was reviewing sitting on the couch and immediately got up to hold her as he felt panic sinking in his bones.

"What happened? Are you okay? Is it the baby?" He rambled in worry making her sit on the couch carefully and kneeling before her.

"Wo...wo Wali...." She sniffed and tried to form coherent sentences but started crying again.

"What did he do now? Tell me, I'll beat his ass." Shehryar released a breath after realising it was one of their childish banters again and nothing serious but played along to satisfy his wife.

"He said that I am a whale." She burst out in tears again and Shehryar rubbed her back with one hand while the other hand rested on her eight month old bump.

"Baby, he's an idiot. Mai uski class leta hu. But stop crying, it's not good for the baby." Shehryar consoled her and her cries reduced to sniffs. She hummed as she looked at her bump but then started crying again.

"Array, Diya Jaan." Shehryar had just gotten up from his knees when his heavily pregnant wife started crying again and he dropped back to his knees.

"I am such a bad mother. I don't take care of my baby. I even ate the tub of ice cream when you told me not to."

Shehryar wanted to face-palm on this situation. It has become a norm for them. Badiya would start crying on even the most pointless things and then he had to console her. He had even started working from home in her third trimester as she always felt unsafe and insecure when he wasn't around. The accident had left a huge impact on their lives.

But even after all the tantrums, midnight cravings and constant-worrying, the thought that Badiya is carrying their first child made him feel like he was on the top of the world. All he wanted now was the safety and happiness of his little family.

"Esa bilkul nai hai. Achha, listen to me. Do you know I brought those double chocolate brownies you were craving?"

"What?! Really?" Badiya completely forgot about whatever reason she was sad for and tried to get up in excitement. Shehryar aided her in getting up and wrapped his arm around her waist. They both walked down the stairs and saw Sharmeen holding Wali's ears.

"Ow, mom. Ab tou meri shadi hone wali hai, ese tou na krain." (Ow, mom. Now I'm even getting married. Don't treat me like this.)

"Tumne phir meri beti ko tang kiya na. Kitni baar mana kiya hai maine." (You teased my daughter again, right? How many times I have told you not to annoy her.)

"Sorry, Baba. It's just so funny how she gets riled up so easily." He smiled sheepishly and Sharmeen twisted his ear again.

"Ouch, woman. Do you want me to have my nikkah without an ear. Hasifa will freak out."

"Pta nai meri bestfriend ko tumhare andr kiya achha lag gaya. Maine tou kitna smjhaya usse ke na kro esa." Badiya said while faking an exasperated expression as Wali rubbed his ear.