■تعبیر■

i was a wolf and she?             my moon

             my moon.

~°~

"Beta, have you packed your things yet?"

Badiya was having breakfast with her family when her mother popped the question.

"Nope. I didn't." Badiya replied without looking up from her mobile as she was texting her fellow students to check up on the preparation of the MUN happening in her university as she was a part of the admin team and today was the second day of the four day program.

"No mobiles on the dinning table, Diya. And why haven't you packed yet, you know it's Friday today. You're supposed to go to Lahore." Diya was the name everyone called her and it actually suited her since she lighted up every room with her bright smile and sweet personality. Actually, everyone but him called her Diya for she was all bright smiles for everyone but him. To him she was a hurricane which cannot be controlled much to his dismay because he liked everything to be done his way.

"Sorry, Mama." She apologised putting her phone down. "And yes, I know it's Friday. And no, I'm not going to Lahore so I didn't pack."

"But I talked to Sharmeen yesterday and she said that-" Her mother started with furrowed brows but was cut off.

"I already asked Uncle Shah and he gave me permission. I'll apologize to Aunty when I'll get some free time. Now, I have to go. Bye." She got up and was about to walk out after kissing her mother's cheek when her mother stopped her.

"Where's your dupatta?"

"Mama, is dress ke saath dupatta nahi tha." (Mama, there was no scarf with this dress.)

"Beta, you know na you're not supposed to go out like this." Her mother said sternly and she pouted in response.

"Mama yaar, why does it make a difference?" She said stomping to her room because she knew this wasn't something up to debate.

There were alot of pros of having an influential family who had connections in politics but it had some cons too. Yes, you are provided with all sorts of luxuries and all your wishes are granted but you also are under the public eye all the time. Every single thing you do is scrutinized by everyone. So you cannot wear improper clothes without being bashed, cannot go to places without security and cannot do things candidly.

But, well, it didn't seem so bad to Badiya. She had gotten used to everything since she has grown up with all this. Yes, she was deprived of a few things but she was blessed with much more. She always had been thankful for everything and anything she has. She had her bad days, yes, but she also never took things forgranted. She knows she has to live her life a specific way and she has come terms with it.