■7■

Author's Note
I am very sorry. I have been facing a very bad writer's block for like two months now. And today also, I could only post this chapter due to Shiba_Sakeen 's generosity as she wrote down a complete scene for me after I gave her an outline of what I wanted the scene to be like. The second scene is written by her and I am really thankful to her. I know you all have been waiting for this for so long. Again, I apologise for updating after so freaking long. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

~

"Hasifa, yaar, I'll miss you!"

Badiya exclaimed with a pout hugging her new bestfriend and Hasifa laughed at her cute expressions.

"I'll miss you too but you're coming to Lahore anyways. Haina, Mrs. Shehryar Badr." Hasifa wiggled her eyebrows at Badiya and she just rolled her eyes in response.

"Anyways, how are you going to travel back?"

"Well, there aren't any airports around here so I'll just go by bus or train, whatever is available. It would be a hastle for a driver to come and take me from home." Badiya shrugged her shoulders and said non-chalantly stuffing the snacks the maids brought in her hand-bag.

"What? No!" Badiya exclaimed. "Ese akele nai bhej rahi mai tumhe." (I'm not going to let you travel alone.)

"Array, kuch nai hota. I'll be fine." Hasifa said with a wave of her hand.

"Kaha janay ki tayari hai?" (What are these preparations for?) Kaleem Shah came and sat on a couch which was placed on the left side of theirs in an L-shape.

"Wo mai ab ghar wapis ja rahi hu. My classes are going to start soon." Hasifa replied politely.

"Itni jaldi? Mera tou dill bilkul nai kr raha apni beti ko jaanay dene ka but education is also important. Ab apne atay rehna hai ghar, acha?" (So soon? I really don't want to let my daughter go but education is also important. Now, you have to visit us frequently, okay?) Kaleem Shah said patting her head lovingly.

"Ofcourse, Uncle." Badiya said with a smile.

"Uncle, dekhain na Hasifa bus ya train se janay ka soch rahi hai." Badiya whined coming to sit beside him.

"What? Not at all. I am not letting you go through local transport." He exclaimed and gave a stern look when Hasifa tried to protest.

"Wali, beta, where are you headed to?" Kaleem Shah called his younger son when he saw him passing by the door and asked.

"I was just going to the garden for some fresh air." Wali casted a look to the brown-eyed lady who has decided to take a permanent stay in his head and replied to his father.

"Chalo phir Lahore ki hawa bhi kha ao. You're dropping Hasifa to her home safe and sound." Kaleem Shah got up to tell his son and left after receiving a meek but excited 'Jee' from Wali and bidding farewell to the guest.

"I'll go get my keys. Meet you outside in five minutes?" Wali asked controlling his grin and Hasifa nodded at him.

She went out after bidding farewell to everyone and found Wali standing against an SUV with his aviators on doing something on his phone. She went up to him and he put his phone back opening the car door for her.

"Welcome to my humble abord!" He cheekily said making Hasifa giggle.

They started the three-hour journey and Wali was the one to break the ice. The awkwardness evaporated into thin air as they chatted about anything and everything.