●6●

Fariya was sitting on the small dining table with a cup of warm chocolate milk in her hand. She couldn't sleep as she had slept during the day. And now her thoughts kept drifting to the whole drama which happened in the evening. She couldn't help but blame herself for everything. She had caused a rift between her husband and his mother. All of that wouldn't have happened if she had gone to her room instead of sleeping in Haider's room. Or....maybe Salma would have accepted her if she was a slim fair girl. She thought as her nails dug into her thick thigh. She once tried to diet but she started feeling unwell and her blood-sugar level dropped. She didn't try to diet after that-well more like her mother didn't let her diet.

She got startled when someone whispered 'hey' in her ear and she looked over her shoulder with wide-eyes only to find Haider breathing down her neck with a smirk.

"Ahh!- Haider ap! God you scared me." She quickly removed her hand from her thigh and clutched her heart. All too soon she realised she doesn't have her duppata around her and remembered she had taken it off and drapped it over a chair because it was quite hot.

"Bas itni si baat se darr gayi."(You got scared so easily.) He chuckled lightly and his bare shoulders shook. Fariah stood up from the chair and her face came upto his naked chest due to their height difference. She-wait what? Naked chest?!

"Haider, where is your shirt?" Fariah turned around with red cheeks and her back faced his front. She moved her hand towards the chair to her right to retrieve her duppata but Haider noticed her advance and caught her hand turning her around to face him.

"I usually sleep without a shirt. It's just too hot, you know?" Haider gloated with a smirk. He was well-aware of the effect he had on her but he was damn sure she must be oblivious to the things she was doing to him standing in that light pink cotton kameez which was slightly snug around the chest area. He had seen her like this for the first time and his eyes feasted on her curves. He was getting excited and he hoped Fariah didn't notice his excitement.

"How are the cramps? Are you awake because of the pain?" He asked when his gaze fell on the steaming cup of milk lying on the table and he remembered what she told him. He put his hand on her lower back and rubbed it lightly.

"I'm okay. I just couldn't sleep. Uh-why did you come down?" She stumbled a bit forward as he lessened the gap between them and became hyperware of the heat radiating from his large hand through the thin cotton shirt she wore to bed.

"I was thirsty." He cleared his throat and blocked the double-meaning thoughts as it was already quite hard to hide his situation down there. "I came to get some water."

"Oh." She now noticed the empty water-bottle in his hand which he placed on the table beside her as she was leaning on the table to create some space between them and their arms brushed.

"Mai bhar deti hun bottle." (Let me fill the bottle.) Fariah tried to move away but Haider stopped her.

"I am not thirsty anymore. Not for water atleast." He mumbled the last part to himself.

"Haider, wo...I wanted to say something." Fariah mumbled nervously and again tried to move away from him and this time Haider let her. She picked up the bottle from the table and went to fill it with cold water.

"Jee. Bolain bolain." (Yeah, sure.) Haider said in a playful mood. He took the bottle from her and sat on the table behind him as he drank the much needed cold water to calm him down.

"Uh-I think you shouldn't stay angry with Mumani like this because of me. She loves you alot and-" She got cut off by Haider jerking her towards him as he made her stand between his thighs. Now, they were face to face.