●9●

Last part. I'm happy and I'm sad. This story was really special to me as it bears a piece of my broken heart. I want to say to all the people out there facing shaming from the society because of their looks, you gotta stand up for yourself. Accept yourself and then appreciate yourself. Don't let what others say get to your head. You don't need anyone to tell you that you're beautiful because you should KNOW that you are beautiful no matter what.

You are beautiful just the way you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ❤

"Good morning."

Haider greeted as they both settled down on the dining table. He was in a very good mood and Fariah's cheeks held a constant blush. He had waken up this morning to the sound of bangles as his wife was standing in front of the mirror struggling to cover up the marks that littered her neck and collar bones. Haider laughed amusedly at her sweet misery and walked up to her. He had leisurely turned her around to have his morning dose of her sweet lips and then got scolded for ruining her lipstick.

He could notice a difference in her behaviour. She was glowing with happiness and her body language was confident. He could easily see the effort she had put in her dressing. She was wearing a white embroidered maxi dress with a matching dupatta. She had light makeup on with a dark pink lipstick. Her neck adorned the golden chains she wears all the time and gold jhumkas given to her by his grandmother jingled in her ears. Her hands were filled with bangles and she looked exquisite. He suggested that he shouldn't have let her leave the bed so soon and she just pushed him towards the bathroom after handing him his clothes with crimson cheeks.

 He suggested that he shouldn't have let her leave the bed so soon and she just pushed him towards the bathroom after handing him his clothes with crimson cheeks

Salma was definitely not happy after seeing the glow on her face and her constant shy smile and said with a fake smile.

"Beta, why are you so dressed up? Going somewhere?" Anyone could see she was taunting Fariah.

"Nayi naveli dulhanain saji sanwari hi achhi lagti hain." (Newly weded brides should stay dressed up.) Nafeesa Begum said before anyone else could reply to her.

"Jee bilkul, Ammi." Salma said a bit embarrassed but she wasn't one to give up so easily.

"Wese white colour har skin tone pr suit nahi krta." (By the way, white doesn't suit every skin tone.) Salma again said while putting an omelette in Haider's plate.

"I agree, Mumani. And I'm glad it suits my golden skin. I look beautiful, right?" Salma was stunned after hearing Fariah's reply and her smile faltered after seeing her beaming one.

"Y-yes." Salma said. Fariah's chirpy response was enough to make her shut up.

"You look beautiful in every colour, wifey." Haider winked at her grabbing her hand under the table and Fariah just looked at him with a wide smile.

"Affi beta, yeh paise in dono pr waar kr sadqa kr dena. Mere bachon ko rab hamesha khush rakhe or buri nazar se bachaye." (Affi dear, take this money and give it as sadqa for both of my children. May they stay happy always and away from evil eyea.) Nafeesa Begum took out some money and gave it to Afeefah who was sitting the closest to her.