Chapter Two

I stopped outside Light's house and looked around,  " You okay?" " It looks exactly like the day I left" " Yeah, nothings really changed around here. Come on lets go inside". Light opened the door and stepped inside " Mom I'm home" " In the kitchen dear" we took our coats and shoes off before Light smiled and stepped into the dining area " I have a surprise" " Oh and what's that?" Lights mom asked. I came into the room and smiled " Hi Mrs. Y you miss me?" Light's mom broke into a huge smile before pulling me into a tight hug " Its so great to see you again Megami, look how you've grown. You've turned into such a beautiful young woman".

" Mom I'm back from the store, huh? Who's this?" " Darling I'm home. Huh? Is this a friend of Light's?" I turned around and smiled his dad before saluting " Officer Y" he laughed as he hugged me " Megami, its great to see you ". " Oh Megami this is my little sister Sayu. Sayu this is Megami she was my best friend growing up". " I don't remember her" " You wouldnt you were just a baby" Mrs. Y smiled at her daughter.  " Its nice to meet you Sayu" " Its nice to meet you too, how come I'm only meeting you now?" " My mom and I moved across Tokyo when I was seven but we're back now. We actually live quite close".

" You and Light go upstairs while I make dinner" " I can't I've got cram school in an hour mom" Light sighed " And I've got tons of homework to do, but it was great to see you again" " Don't be a stranger now Megami " Lights dad smiled at me " Of course not, now that I go to school with Light again you'll never be able to get rid of me" I smiled confidently which made everyone laugh " I see she hasn't changed, now go before it gets dark". I smiled as I made my way home, it felt like old times again. I opened my front door and smiled as my mom took dinner out of the oven " Hi sweetheart how was your first day?" " It was good, the students and teachers are great but I found Light!" She smiled at me " That's amazing sweetie, we'll have to get together for dinner sometime".

" Oh by the way, I signed you up for a cram school it starts in an hour if you want to go?" " Sure, maybe I can find someone to study with". I ate my supper and changed into a pair of jeans and a oversized sweater before letting my hair down and grabbing my bag. I got into the car and smiled as my mom drove me to the school, " I know I haven't made your life easy Megami and I'm sorry for that but I promise I'm going to make it up to you for the rest of your life" " Mom none of it was your fault it was that-" " Language " she smiled at me " I'll call over to the Yagami's house after I drop you off, I'll organise a dinner night for us again".

I waved my mom off before going inside and finding the room, I walked inside and went up to the teacher. " Hi sorry I dont know if I'm in the right room. My name is Hiroshima Megami" the teacher checked his paper before nodding " Yeah your in the right place, your a few minutes early so pick a seat". I sat down at a random table near the back of the class and pulled my books out, " Hey sweetheart" I looked up and saw two guys smirking at me. " Hi" I responded before going back to my work " I haven't seen you here before, what's your name?" " Hiroshima" " Your first name".

I ignored him as he asked me again, after I ignored him again he groaned " Don't be like that, I just want to get to know you". " She doesn't want to know you so leave her alone" I looked up surprised to see Light " Come on Light I'm only being friendly" " Be friendly somewhere else". Light sat down beside me and smiled as the jerk walked away " Thanks Light" " No problem Megami, we're friends aren't we?" I smiled back " Best friends". As I did my work I'd take small glances at Light, he seemed to be in a daze, I could see the thoughts running around in his head through his eyes.

After school I packed away my books " Would you like a lift home?" I asked Light " No that's alright, I have an errand to run before I go home, but I'll see you tomorrow at school" I grabbed his arm and bit the lid off of my pen. Light looked at me confused as I wrote on his hand, when I was finished he looked at his hand and smiled " Best friends reunited" " Gotta mark the occasion, it has been ten years after all" " And look at us now, do you still struggle with school?" " Oh not anymore" I smiled.

" That's a relief, I remember you used to find it hard to concentrate" " Well I'm a big girl now Light, I can use my brain ten times better than before" light smiled as we exited the building. " Well I've got to go, but I'll see you in class tomorrow. By the way, Mr. Yito gives surprise pop quizzes every day before he teaches" " You got to be joking" my face sank " Have fum" Light smirked as he walked off " Yagami you little shit".