Chapter Five

I quickly left the room and made my way downstairs before Light could say a word. " I'll see you at home mom" " Your leaving already?" " Yeah, I really want to take a bath and study before bed" " At least let Light walk you home" " No its fine,  thank you so much for having me over. The dinner was delicious and I hope to see you again soon" I bowed before putting on my coat and leaving.

LIGHTS POV

" Kiras like my hero" she smiled. I stared at her in shock, he is? I mean, I am? Hahahaha I'm her hero! And she doesn't even realise it. " He is?" I asked confused " Yeah, he's getting rid of the criminals" she went on but I wasn't listening. This is all so funny, I turned my eye slightly to Ryuk who too was laughing. " Sorry you probably think I'm an idiot " she got all embarrassed. " Of course not, everyone is intitled to their own opinion but as someone who is trying to become a detective one day I'd keep it to myself, or else you won't be able to get into the police force. Its better to keep that to yourself" I said.

She looked at me with wide eyes before nodding, an awkward silence overcame us but before I could break it she stood up. " I should go" " But you're mothers not leaving for another hour or two " " I know but I wanted to take a bath and read before I go to bed and its getting late, I'll see you around" she said before leaving the room. I stayed still in shock for a second " You seem to have touched a nerve" Ryuk said " What the hell are you talking about?" " Don't you see what you did? She was opening up to you, talking about how much she really supports you and you shut her down so bluntly. In other words you hurt her feelings" " I did?". I quickly made my way downstairs but she shut the door as soon as I was at the bottom of the stairs.

" I'm worried about her" Ms. Hiroshima said " She hasn't been herself in years, she won't open up to anyone anymore not even to me" she sighed. " I'm sure she'll grow out of it" mom tried to be supportive " I'm afraid she wont, she hasn't talked about how she feels since it happened, she keeps everything locked inside and I'm afraid of what she'll do when she can't control her emotions anymore. Light promise me you'll get her to open up again, I don't want to lose my daughter" " I promise I'll try my best Ms. Hiroshima ". Ryuk laughed from behind me " You screwed up".

MEGAMIS POV
What the hell is wrong with me! Blabbering on about how great Kira is on the first day of us dating, and saying he's doing a better job than the police when his dad is the chief of police! Maybe this relationship isnt going to work out after all. I'm better off being along and focusing on my career. I stopped and sighed as it started raining heavily and I had no umbrella " Of course its raining " I sighed before I kept walking. I stood in a small covered alley as I waited for the rain to ease up a bit.

" Hey sweetheart", fuck I thought ti myself as I turned around and saw two men leaning against the wall not too far away. " Are you lost?" " No, I'm just waiting for the rain to ease before I make my way home". " We have an umbrella you could borrow, but we only have the one so the three of us will have to share. Why dont we walk you home" " No thank you ". I could hear their steps get closer so I quickly ran off into the rain, I'm not too far from home maybe I could make it. I screamed as I was shoved to the ground, " Get off of me!" I screamed as the man who spoke to me before got on top of me. " Don't fight it and itll all be over quickly" I started to panic as he started to unzip my jeans. " Get off of me!!" " Hey!".

The two men jumped off of me and ran away, leaving me on the cold wet ground. " Meg!" Light's face popped up into my field of vision as I grabbed his arm " Light?" " Are you okay? Can you stand? Dad over here!" Light called. Light and his dad walked me back to their house where we were met by two worried mothers. " Meg!" Mom yelled before hugging me tight " Your soaking what happened?" " Light, why don't you take Meg upstairs and let her shower. I'll take care of this". Light brought me upstairs and turned the hot water on for me, " Are you okay?" " I'm fine" " I have some clothes in the draw on the right, come into my room when you're finished".

Light left the room and I quickly locked the door before sitting down fully clothed under the hot water. I cried silently as I leaned against the wall, I didn't want to go through anything like that again and I did. I pulled the wet cloths off of my body and stood under the hot water for a few minutes just staring at the wall. Once I realized I had been in the shower a long time I turned it off and dried myself off before dressing in a baggy t shirt of lights and a pair of his shorts. I walked into Lights room and was surprised when he wrapped his arms around me and held me tight against his chest. " Please don't walk out on me again, I was so worried about you " " Y-you were?" " Of course I was! Your my best friend and your my girlfriend I don't want anything happening to you, but your safe now because I'm here". I folded under those words and cried all over again as I wrapped my arms around him and held tightly onto the back of his shirt. I'm safe now.