Chapter Three

I sighed as I walked over to Light's table and lay my head on it " What are you doing?" Light asked, clearly confused. I turned my head slightly to look at him " Mr.Yito did his surprise quiz but it was on a topic he taught last year so I had no clue what the answers were". " I'm sorry to hear that" " Its been like that in all my classes, I'm failing again" " I'm sure your just over reacting" I slapped my grades on his desk " How is this even possible?".

" It seems now that I'm safe again my mind isnt focusing on my studies anymore" " What do you now that your safe?" I sat up quickly and rubbed the back of my head " Oh I didnt mean anything! Uh I've got to go ask my teachers to help me with my studies I'll see you later Light!" I said quickly before grabbing my papers and leaving. I took a deep breath once I was sure I was far enough away from Light, I cant let this happen to me. I need to stay focused on my studies so I can get into college and work my dream job. I wont let myself fall behind!

I studied harder then I ever did before, I'd made sure to get notes from my classmates just in case a question from the year before came up. After my little slip up with Light I kind of tried to avoid him, I just didn't want him asking questions. " Mom I did it! Top marks in all my classes!" I yelled as I got in from school " That's amazing sweetheart, you've been working hard for weeks. Go get ready, we're going to the Yagami's for dinner tonight" " W-what? Why?" " I thought youd be happier about seeing Light" " I am its just- I don't know ".

" Megami" " I slipped up a little bit, I almost said something about...you know " " Megami" my mom sighed " You know Light is protective of you, he wouldn't judge" " I know but he's Light, I don't want him to know I went through something so horrible. Besides maybe Kira-" " No! Megami get this stupid Kira stuff out of your head!" " But they're helping the world by getting rid of the criminals!" " Murder is murder , I don't want to hear anymore of it. Get ready, we leave in half an hour".

Half an hour later we were outside the Yagami's house, my mother in a beautiful peach dress while I wore dark green shirt tucked into dark blue jeans. The door opened to Sayu who let us in " Mom our guests are here!" We walked into the dinning area and said hi " Perfect timing dinner is just ready. Sayu can you set the table please. Megami if its not too much trouble could you get Light?" " Of course" I smiled before making my way upstairs.  I knocked on his door lightly " Go away Sayu, do your own homework" " Its me Light".

The door opened to Light " What are you doing here?" He asked coldly " Uh, your mom invited us over for dinner" " I'll be down in a minute". Light began to close the door on me but I barged in and closed the door behind me " What are you doing?" " I need to explain why I've been ignoring you" Light gave a small laugh " Now you want to explain? You've ignored me for weeks" " I know, and I know I've been a horrible friend especially after not seeing each other for years but it's something I'm terrified to talk about ".

Light looked at me in silence " Your not afraid of anything" " This I am, I'm so scared even thinking about it" " About what?". " You know that boyfriend my mom had that made us move?" " Yeah?" " He abused me Light" " What?". I bit my lip as I felt my eyes begin to water " He abused me for years" " Did your mom try to stop him? I mean he hit you?". I felt a few tears escape from my eyes as I sat down on his bed " Megami?" " It wasn't that kind of abuse Light, it was-" " You don't have to say it". Light sat beside me and wrapped his arm around me " I'm sorry for being mad at you" " You had every right to be. I was just scared to tell you in case you didn't want to be friends with me anymore".

" That's crazy talk, of course I'll still be your friend. You're my megami remember?" He smiled at me " You remember the day you proposed to me?" I laughed " Said we'd be the king and queen of our own world". Light chuckled " I do. Every kid our age were worried about cooties, while we planned out our life together ". " Light Yagami are you blushing?" " What? Of course not" " Aw is talking about our childhood bringing back all the feelings you had for me".

Light looked at me like I was crazy " We were seven, what feelings are you talking about?" " I mean how you promised to marry me, how you said I was the only girl you wanted to be with when we grew up. How you-" I was cut off by Light pressing his lips against mine. I widened my eyes in surprise as he pulled back and looked at me " What was that for?" " That is because I like you " I felt my cheeks heat up at the sudden confession. " Ow what the hell?" I rubbed my head after Light smacked it " And that is for making me wait ten years" " Ten years for what?".

" Are you still that oblivious? I like you Megami. I have since we were kids" " I thought you were joking" " Of course not, as I said you're the only girl I want" he smiled at me. I turned away embarrassed, " So Megami" I turned my head slightly to look at him " Yeah Light?" I gasped as he took my chin in his hand and turned my head to look up at him " Will you be mine?".