[12] Okami

---

---

Songs:

- Help me lose my mind - Disclosure (feat. London Grammar)

- Howlin' for you - The Black Keys

---

"So you're not a werewolf?" Stiles questions with a frown, taking a breath as they walk through the forest. "Wait, wait, hold on, Kali...she mentioned something as she left," he pauses, trying to think back. "Okami, right? That was it, wasn't it?"

Charlie pauses before nodding. "Yeah."

"Okami," he sits on the word, thinking it over. "I've never heard of it before, it's not in the Beastiary is it?"

"I don't know, it depends on which family's Beastiary it is, but if it was Argent's they didn't know a lot, you might have missed it," she states carefully, arms crossed over her chest. Stiles nods a few times. "It's a wolf spirit," Charlie then tacks on, taking a breath. "I was born with it but it didn't really turn up until I was twelve or so."

"Did you have to learn control? Like Scott did?"

"Yeah, I did, my-uh, my adoptive parents helped me, my mother was a banshee so I assume my birth mother gave me to her on purpose, to help," the girl explains as they make their way out of the forest. 

"And the whole wolf-transformation thing, that's something you can control?" Stiles gaze flicks to hers, the girl frowning. She shifts a little, uncomfortable with his line of questioning. "Oh come on, I just saw you turn into a freaking wolf, just tell me," Charlie fixes him with a flat look before relenting. 

"Okay, not really. It's hard to explain, and complicated," she tacks on, taking a breath. 

"Try me," he states as they move into the jeep, the boy letting her borrow some shorts. He had agreed to drive her to the hospital to visit Deaton before going back to pick up Lydia. He starts the car before turning to look at her expectantly.

"The okami, its spirit basically lives inside me, my mind, all the time," she begins, fiddling with the seatbelt slightly. This was probably the longest conversation they'd ever had. "It then basically pushes its way forward if there's danger or someone's intentions are not...the greatest."

"So before, with Derek," Stiles trails off a little as Charlie nods a few times.

"It was to do with him, what he wanted to do to make me heal Boyd," she elaborates, letting out a sigh. "But whatever, it's fine," the girl shrugs before looking out the window as they merge onto the main road to the hospital. That was enough talking for her.

After a few minutes, Stiles pulls into the hospital parking lot, cutting the engine. She sits for a few seconds before unclipping herself from the seatbelt. "Hey, uh, thanks for answering my questions," he states with a slight smile. "And I'm totally gonna do a bunch of research when I get home, I'll email you with more."