[2] The previously dead but now alive best friend

---

SONGS:

~ What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out? // Gang of Youths *

~ Out // Ben Salisbury **

---*

After people watching all day, Charlie almost runs to her newly assigned locker, fiddling with the lock until it clicks open. She shoves her books into her bag with unnecessary force, groaning as one of the ring binders gets stuck on the zipper of her bag. She slams her locker door shut, eyes widening at the sight of a dent pressed into the metal. Charlie pauses for second, looking around as she hopes no one saw her feat of increased strength.

Her stomach drops as she catches two pairs of inquisitive eyes on her. The brunette grits her teeth before glaring slightly at the two boys in defence, watching as one of them practically falls in shock, from the locker he was resting on. Charlie quickly turns on her heel, walking out of hallway as fast as she can. The girl reaches into her back, squinting at the sun as she pulls out a pair of sunglasses before shoving them on her face.

As she walks home, Charlie can't help but wonder about the conversation those two boys were having, previously noticing the strange scent that lingered to the tanned one of the duo.
She is broken out of her thoughts at the annoying ringing of her new phone, frowning slightly in confusion at the unknown number.

"Hello?" Charlie questions into the phone, stopping in the middle of the street. A breeze flows through the town, the girl pushing a strand of her out of her eyes as her head tilts slightly.

"Charlie?" A slightly familiar voice answers, causing her eyes to widen.

"Derek? How did you get this number?" The girl asks, confusion pushing through her voice considering she only got this phone today.

"Deaton. Listen I need your help."

Charlie pauses for a second before letting out a breath, pressing her lips together tightly. She owes the Hale's. "Where and when?" she states, a harsh note bleeding into her tone; her hope of getting at least a week away from the supernatural shattered completely.

"The loft that my family owns at six," Derek brashly replies before hanging up. Charlie lets out a quick breath, rolling her eyes. Not even a full day in this town and she is already caught up in some supernatural shit.

She runs the rest of the way back to Deaton's house in half the time, unlocking the door with the small key hidden under a pot of herbs. The girl takes a deep breath as she walks up to the stairs her new room, suddenly stopping at the threshold. About five boxes were stacked in the middle of the floor, Charlie's eyes darting between them as she presses her lips tightly together. Deaton had told her that a family friend had gone to their house and packed up their belongings, putting her parents' things in a storage facility and sending hers to Beacon Hills.