[15] Guilt

---

Songs:

- Bells in Santa Fe // Hasley

---

Scott and Charlie both leave the garage, the werewolf leading the pair up a flight of metal stairs and into the hospital. He suddenly slows down at the sound of someone moving about in the hallway ahead, head moving to look over the okami's shoulder. 

Charlie freezes at the sound of a metal object dropping to the ground, tensing at the lack of movement around her. Scott suddenly ducks as a fist thrown from the twins flies toward him, the momentum causing them to fall heavily into the metal cabinet. Charlie then sends a kick to their stomach as they move to stand, forcing them backward again.

The twins hesitate for a second before quickly swiping their claws down her arm, lifting her up and sending her crashing into a shelf and then to the ground. Charlie staggers up, seeing Scott being held against the wall by his neck. "Where is she! We're trying not to hurt you!"

"Then try harder," Scott gasps in response, trying to pull out their grip with no success. Just as Charlie is about to run forward, a shout from Ms. McCall causes her to turn.

"Hey! I'd like to try something," she offers before throwing two electrically charged paddles from a defibrillator by her side, to their chest. The twins convulse for a few seconds before falling to the ground. "Sweetheart, get up!" Ms. McCall shouts holding out a hand to her son who was lying on the ground. Scott nods at Charlie slightly as he stands,  all three of them running down the hallway and away from the twins. Scott leads them down into a ward, turning to his mom with a questioning look on his face. "What happened?"

"Deucalion, he just let me go and said it was a gesture of goodwill," his mother answers with a concerned frown, shaking her head as they continue through the hospital. 

"He had to have had a reason," Scott replies, letting out a breath as they slow down a little. "I don't think he does anything without a reason."

"Well if that means I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then I've got that covered."

"Maybe he's trying to get on your side, showing you that he's better than you think he is?" Charlie offers with a shrug, earning a few nods from Scott. The sound of a gun's saftely being removed causes the werewolf to suddenly freeze, the boy throwing an arm around his mother while Charlie steps froward toward the threat. 

They both collectively let out a breath at the sight of Mr. Argent, Isaac, and Allison emerging from around the corner. Chris' eyes move over the group, frowning slightly. "Where's the Darach?"

"She's stuck in the elevator with Derek," Scott replies quicklu, following behind the Argent as he moves past them quickly.

"So they're essentially trapped?" he questions, turning back toward the group who now was following after the man. Scott nods a few times.