[9] Out of here

---

---

Song:

~ Gimme // BANKS

---

content warning: mentions of suicide.

---

The four teens exchange worried looks and then Stiles catches his gaze on the Bible that Lydia was holding in her hand, staring at it. "Wait, hang on. Can I see that?" Stiles asks and at the girl's nod he grabs the book, opening it to a page where there was a small piece of paper stuck between the pages. "What..." he trails off, squinting as he scans it. "Twenty-eight-year-old man hangs himself at the infamous Glen Capri," he reads it aloud to the rest of them before flicking through the pages to see if there were any others. He eventually gives up and moves toward the bed, holding the book by its spine and shaking it. All the loose pages fall out and drift onto the blanket after a few moments.

Lydia picks one up with a frown, Allison and Charlie heading toward her. "Look at these two, they both mention room two-seventeen," Lydia states, gaze flicking over the paper as she picks another up. "Our room...these are all the suicides that happened in this room."

They all exchange a look of horror. "So if every room has a Bible," Allison begins, releasing a sigh.

"There could be articles in all the rooms," Lydia finishes.

"That's lovely, most people leave a mint under the pillow but this one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred," Stiles counters, sarcasm lacing his tone as his hands twist around each other nervously.

Charlie frowns a little before turning to Lydia. "Do you think the room next door has an article about the couple?" At this, the girl pauses before nodding hesitantly. 

"We should check then," Stiles flicks his gaze over the group before heading out and to the room in question. His hand grasps the handle, frowning as it doesn't turn. 

"I swear that was not locked before," Lydia rushes out, eyes wide.

"Let's just forget it, all we need to do is get Scott, Isaac and Boyd out of here," Allison breaks in with a shake of her head. At this, Stiles stops fiddling with the door before turning to walk away. Suddenly the sound of electric buzzing breaks from the room, the entire group moving back toward it slowly. 

"I-I'm not the only one who heard that, am I?" Lydia breathes, gaze locked on the door. 

"It sounds like someone turned that handsaw on inside," Allison notes with a frown, causing Stiles to whip his head around, eyes wide. 

"Handsaw?!" The boy exclaims before lunging toward the door, trying to open it. Charlie just lets out a frustrated sigh, rolling her eyes. She then pushes Stiles to the side with a light hand, the boy stumbling a little with a protest. The girl just takes a breath before kicking the door in, the force breaking apart the wood and sending it flying open.