[10] Feminine wiles

---

---

Songs:

~ Emerald // LYRA

~ Sights // London Grammar

---

The day after the failed track meet (and the haunted motel) is uneventful, Charlie just spending time with Cora until she had to go back to school on the Monday. 

She walks down the hall of Beacon Hills High School, shouldering her bag and letting out a sharp breath as she dodges numerous teens swarming like bees. The girl finally makes it her class, collapsing in a chair at the back of the room. She digs out her phone and messes around with it, gaze flicking up at the sound of Scott and Stiles walking into the room. 

Charlie makes eye contact with the latter before looking back down to her desk, the rest of the class turning to the front of the room at the sight of Ms. Blake coming through the door, carrying a textbook. 

"Good morning. As you all know Mr. Harris is still missing I-I mean sick," she stutters a little, moving to stand in front of the class. "Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started shall we?"

The class then begins, Charlie ignoring Stiles and Scott's quiet conversation while she plays on her phone, hair falling over her face.

It was about ten minutes into the class that the girl suddenly feels a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, the tugging causing her eyes to widen. Something supernatural was happening. Something bad. Her breathing picks up as the feeling presses further into her mind. At the sound of her heart rate picking up, Scott tenses a little, looking in her direction.

Her phone then buzzes in her hand, the girl jumping a little in her seat and she quickly accepts Deaton's call as his name appears. "Charlie," his voice is tight, causing her to immediately frown. Something was definitely wrong. 

"Deaton?" She questions quietly, head ducking down to avoid Ms. Blake's line of sight. There's a pause, Charlie listening for the man's intake of breath. 

"Charlie...I'm about to be taken," her godfather begins, causing the girl to freeze, eyes wide.

"What? What do you mean-" she is cut off by Deaton who replies in a measured tone.

"I need you to find me," he continues. "Just... trust Scott, I promise," despite the beginning of her protests he just repeats his statement. "Trust him," the call drops out and Charlie's chest tightens in panic. Shit. 

Charlie barely manages to pocket her phone, looking up and making eye contact with Scott who heard the conversation. "We need to go. Now."

---

They were too late, she could feel it but Scott, Stiles, and her still run into the animal clinic all the same, like they could somehow still save him. She frowns at the sight of the cop cars outside the clinic, spotting Stiles' father looking at the scene.