[1] A lovely introduction

---

---

Songs:

~ Bravado // Lorde *

~ Albatross // Foals **

--- *

The dark haired girl walks slowly down the centre of the darkened road, glancing around every so often at the of sound animal calls and the rustling of leaves. She peers down at the crumpled note in her hand, squinting against the dark that seems to curl and envelop every object.

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic, it read in rushed handwriting, the ink smudging from the light rain beginning to fall. She finally spots the clinic, lights still on despite it being well past the closing time of five-thirty that was displayed on the door.

Her heart thumps in her chest, eyes widening slightly as she spots a group of people leaving the clinic; two of them jumping into a light blue Jeep and the rest into a black Camaro. She frowns in confusion, pausing but still walks into the unlocked building.

Her stolen shoes tap against the tiles, alerting the owner of another presence. Charlie crosses her arms on top of a thin shirt, waiting for the owner to emerge.

"Hello?" The girl hears a voice call out from the back of the veterinary centre, listening to footsteps echo in her direction. Charlie eyes flick down toward the floor, taking a steadying breath.

She looks up to see Dr. Deaton's concerned face, frowning slightly at the image of her father and Deaton talking when she was younger that threatened to overtake her mind.

"Charlie, what happened?" Deaton questions, his voice soft and cautious at the sight of his god-daughter.

She just shakes her head.

--- **

School, more specifically Beacon Hills High School.

It was one and only condition that Deaton had for her to stay at his house was school. She had tried to negotiate for hours over the rule but her godfather would not budge. He wanted her to make friends, to continue schooling - not just sit around until she was eighteen.

Charlie lets out a sharp breath as she throws a few random pens and notebooks that Deaton had given her into a plain messenger bag, grabbing a dark jean jacket that she had luckily left when she was last here, from the chair next to her. She walks down the wooden stairs, her black boots hitting the wood panelling harshly.

She picks up an bright red apple from the fruit bowl as she walks out the door, beginning her trek to Beacon Hills High School. Her godfather had gone to work an hour before, enforcing one last time that she had to go to school.
Just as Charlie finishes the twenty minute walk, her eyes narrow at the same light blue jeep that she saw last night, pulling into the schools' parking lot ahead of her, two of the boys from last night getting out.

The girl brushes it off, following the directions that Deaton had given her to the office, quickly stepping inside and pulling out her transfer papers that he had forged just in time.

"Hey, uh, I'm a new student," Charlie states, forehead creasing a little as the receptionist drags her eyes up to stare at her, expression flat.

The woman pauses, blinking slowly at her. "Name?" She remains impassive as the girl who shifts her position slightly.

"Charlie Walker."

"Ah yes, I will just get the Principal for you," the receptionist mutters, picking up the phone and speaking into it. "If you could just take a seat, Principal Thomas will be here in a few minutes," she says, leaving Charlie to turn around, slumping back into a chair bordering the wall of the office.

She grabs Deaton's old phone that he had generously given her out of her pocket, looking to pass the time on some mindless game. She looks up at the sound of footsteps coming from down the hallway, standing up as the Principal comes into view. The man was small and almost unmemorable, his posture shifting like he had something much better to do than introduce a new student.

"Hello Charlie," he states, handing her a few pieces of paper which detailed her timetable, locker code and the code of conduct. "If you will follow me, I will direct you to your first class," the Principal moves down the bare hallway, leaving Charlie to speed walk after him, shoving the papers in her bag.

"It says on your papers that you came from New York? A big change then from the Big Apple to our small town," the man states casually, turning to her slightly as they walk down a hallway lined with lockers.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Charlie replies simply, Principal Thomas nodding a few times.
After a few more mindless questions shot at her and the girl replying with one word answers, they finally arrive at her first class, English.

"Here we are, and I hope you enjoy Beacon Hills," he states, opening the door in front of her, motioning for her to walk in as he closes the door behind her.

What a lovely introduction. 

Charlie looks up at the blank stares of her fellow class mates, turning to the teacher who was standing to the right of her with an expectant look on her face. "What?" A frown forms between her brows, the woman's face twisting at her brash tone.

"I just asked if you would tell us about yourself?" the teacher states, seemingly annoyed at the girl.

"Oh- I am Charlie...and that's about it," she replies simply, shrugging once while looking around the class for a free desk that she could sit in.

"Right then, uh, you can take a seat up the back", the woman directs, pointing to the empty desk. Charlie walks quickly to the desk, pulling out a notebook and pen and slumping down in the chair.

The teacher then launches into a lecture on The Heart of Darkness, leaving Charlie to try and take notes, but of course, drifting out of focus as she picks up a hushed conversation a few desks over.

"So how's the plan coming?" A voice questions hurriedly.

"Woah bro, calm down - we are going over it at Derek's," the other voice answers with a sigh.

Charlie turns back to her notes, her brow furrowing in confusion - what are those boys planning, a bank heist?

---

Spotify playlist: [ KURASA ] TEEN WOLF