[4] Back off

---

---

Songs:

~ Nina Cried Power (feat. Mavis Staples) // Hozier *

~ Here with me // Susie Suh **

--- *

"These are one of the tools we use to corral werewolves, pushing them in the direction we want them to run," Argent explains hand resting on the top of the object. "It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear," he suddenly presses a button on the top, the sharp ringing noise overtaking Charlie's mind and causing her to cover her ears as she winces.

"No kidding!" Isaac exclaims once Chris turns it off, the group breathing a sigh of relief at the silence. Argent then moves opens a case filled with emitters, handing two to Derek.

"These are going to drive them to the school?" The alpha asks with a tilt of his head, stabbing them into the ground for a moment.

"And then it's up to you to get them into the basement," Chris furthers with a nod, opening another case and giving each of the teens two emitters.

"Does anyone else wanna rethink the plan where we just kill them?" Isaac offers, Charlie rolling her eyes as she shoves past him roughly.

"Don't be an asshole," she bites back, causing the boy to shoot a glare in her direction.

"It's going to work," Scott nods with a look toward the bright moon. This earns an unsure look from Derek, the boy's expression hardening. "It'll work," he repeats, letting out a tense breath. Argent then pulls out a map, laying it on the hood of the car, causing the group to walk toward him.

"Okay, so Scott I need you to place each of your emitters on the left of the Preserve, Isaac yours will be parallel," he points toward the locations on the paper, the two boys nodding. "Then Charlie, you will put one on the edge of the woods right before the high school, on the left Isaac's and another on the right of Scott's final emitter, it will act like a funnel shape, directing them to us," Chris explains, the girl nodding. "Derek, yours will be into the school," the werewolf tilts his head in understanding, the man looking between the group. "Okay, I will meet you all in front of the school in fifteen minutes and will some luck, we will be able to stop a lot of unnecessary deaths."

At his statement, they all grab their two emitters and run into the woods, leaving the man behind to drive to the school. Charlie sprints through the trees easily, veering gradually right for about ten minutes as she hears Scott press his second emitter. She then locates the position for hers, quickly pressing the top and then running directly left to place the other one in time. She makes it in record time, heart pumping fast as she runs up toward the school.

The girl lets out a huff of air, looking around at the night and spotting Scott standing on the higher ground above the buses. The werewolf makes his way down quickly, nodding at her once. Charlie then tilts her head at the sound of footsteps behind her, turning to see Isaac run up to them. "We should check the school," Scott states, causing them both to agree, following him as he finds the open door that they were using to corral the rabid werewolves.