[3] Don't shoot me, thanks

---

---

Songs:

~ Skin // Zola Jesus *

~ Coattails // Broods **

---

Scott sags at his ex-girlfriend question, shoulders dropping a little as he lets out a heavy sigh. His eyes flick up as he catches on the brunette's unsure gaze, her expression wary. He takes a few steps forward, reaching out a hand to guide the girl toward the other end of the hallway slowly.

Charlie pauses before turning away to give them some privacy, the girl freezing as her eyes catch on a cupboard on the other side of the vault. A chill runs over her, her eyes narrowing as she slowly steps across the threshold. She moves past Derek who was looking down at his phone, oblivious to her change in focus. Her hair stands on end as she walks across the room, the feeling increasing markedly. A quiet exhalation escapes her, expression twisting at the unease in her gut.

A hand reaches out, the girl twisting the knob of the door before pulling it open slowly. Charlie freezes, breath catching as her eyes land on the body of a girl slumped over, dark blood dried around her eyes and mouth. "Derek," the name she lets out is accompanied by a heavy sigh, her lips pressed together tightly. "Derek, you need to see this," at her voice the man walks over, a ragged gasp escaping him at the sight of his beta. *

The alpha tries to reign in his emotions, head dropping a little as he kneels down near the girl. His eyes close at the absence of a heartbeat, Charlie watching Derek carefully. There is a silence, a tense pause, before the man slowly moves an arm around the girl before lifting her up. The girl's face twists a little as her eyes flicker to the heartbroken expression on the werewolf's face.

She follows behind the alpha who walks toward the edge of the vault, the sound of footsteps causing Scott and Allison to walk over, the latter letting out a shocked gasp. There's a stunned silence until Derek's expression flickers, resolve tightening. "I-uh, I need to bury-"he clears his throat against the anguish in his voice. "I need to bury her."

"