11~ The Wall

--the next day--

Last night, Alby had gotten us thinking: we didn't exactly know how long we would be here for but we wanted to make our mark in the Glade. He said we should sleep on it; think of some ideas of how we could do it. I actually managed to think of what I thought was a really good idea and I was gonna share it with them all when we had our meeting about it. 

We had our breakfast as normal, chatting about sleep and everything- my nightmares had calmed down a little bit since I told Newt, but of course I didn't wanna talk about it infront of the Greenie. Well, I guess we don't exactly have to call him that now because he remembered his name was Minho- but I like calling the newbie's greenie, so I'll stick with it a little until a new one hopefully shows up. 

Then, once we had all practically demolished our eggs, we made our way over to the little hut Alby had started building for a sort of like hang out or meeting place. It wasn't finished yet and it was only intended to be small anyway, but we figured Minho could help Alby build it up.

Alby started our 'meeting' which I wouldn't exactly call a meeting because there were only four of us but oh well, "Of course we are here to discuss any ideas you guys got over night. So, anyone got any?" he sighed, he looked pretty tired- maybe he was up all night trying to think of a way. I think this is really important to him...he'll like my brilliant idea then,

"I've got one," I announced, clearing my throat so I could tell them more. "Well, I was dozing off last night when I got this idea to do with the walls. Of course, the walls don't look like they are coming down any time soon, they look pretty indestructable to me... so I thought that if we were to make a mark it should be on the walls so it's permanent. That's when I got the idea of carving our names into the walls- kind of like some sort of ceremonial thing to say we 'belong' here, or something?" I didn't want them to think it was a bad idea or something so I said it quite warily.

"That's a bloody brilliant idea! I was thinking more like writing our names on some random wooden sign but I like that. What do you think Alby?" Newt asked. 

"I agree with you Newt, I really like that- should we go try do it now?" all Alby got as an answer to his question was all of us running out of the hut to the nearest wall, daggers in hand.

"So do we like just use the daggers or will that not work?" Minho asked, probably just wanting to get it over and done with. "Ummmm I'm not exactly sure if that will work why don't we find something heavy to back the daggers with? Might add some extra force," As if he had read my mind before I had even said that, Newt already had a large rock held out in his hand for me. "Thanks, Newt. Should we do it in some sort of order of who got in the Glade and when? Like start with me and Alby, Newt, then you Minho?" We all nodded in agreement as I did the honours.

Clink Clink Clink. The sharp dagger made a loud clinking sound as I did my first few hits and the boys observed, getting ready for their turn. It took longer than expected but the pure excitement to make our mark on our home meant that none of us complained, we just watched each other pound away, carving our names into the walls.

And then it was done: Y/n, Alby, Newt, Minho.

We belonged here, and this was our home- the wall could prove it.

"Hey Alby, why don't we go check out beyond the walls? It can't be that bad, and plus I am literally itching to get out of here already and I've only been here a short time. We could like come back super early?" my head snapped up when I heard what Minho said, "You what? You wanna go out there where there could be literally anything or everything dangerous? Not to mention you could get trapped out there and those horrifying squeals and cries we hear every night sure tell me that I wouldn't wanna risk going in there. Why do you wanna go so much?"

"I don't know. I guess I just want to explo-" "No." Minho was cut off by Alby's booming voice. "But why, come on you've got to be a little bit curious?" Minho whined, obviously trying to get his own way.

"I said no. We might get stuck out there or killed or something."

"You too much of a chicken, Alby? We could just go out there for as long as we feel necessary, whether it's minutes, or hours, and then come straight back." Minho was pretty much begging now, me and Newt just stood and watched- not really wanting to get involved. Alby seemed like the more responsible one so I feel that he should kinda take charge of this. 

"Minho, ENOUGH! You can't just come up and the next day ask us to risk our lives for your curiosity. Let me think about it." Alby huffed, I could tell he wasn't happy that he had been left to make that decision. Who knows though?...Maybe we should go and have a look.