33~ Just a Few More Minutes

[[A/N, this is a shorter chapter because I wanted to fit in a little cute one]]

He earned lots of whoops and claps from the boys around us. "THOMAS!" Alby shouted and then people started to congratulate him. People were patting Thomas on the back and saying their 'welcome's' and 'well done's' until they were interrupted. They were interrupted by a deafening shriek- a grievers shriek. Alby sent everyone off to bed but I decided I didn't want to go yet; instead I went to Ruby's grave.

I don't know why but I really missed her today. Of course I miss her all the time but it hit real hard today especially. I think it has something to do with the Thomas boy, he reminded me of her. He was curious- and so was she.

--switch to Newt's POV--

Everyone was off to bed now after the griever's shriek. They make that noise often, except it was always blood curdling- we had never got used to it. I made my way to mine and y/n's room- well it was our hut now because we had it extended a little since two of us lived there. I got in the door, expecting y/n to be all cutely swaddled up and sleeping in our bed but she wasn't there. I checked in the bathroom wondering if she had maybe fallen asleep on the toilet (she is usually exhausted after the bonfires) but she wasn't there. I went in search of her- she couldn't have gone far.

She probably just wanted to be alone for a bit- maybe there was something on her mind- so I thought of the places she went when she needed that time, with some help from a few other boys that were still up. There were quite a few spaces she could be- she liked to sit in the middle of the Glade, up this one really cozy tree, in her spot, by the pond, in the kitchen, in the deadheads. I checked all of the spaces I could think of, then I gathered that she must be in the deadheads- probably talking to Ruby like she did every night, except she had already talked to her before the fire so that would be a bit odd.

Low and behold, she was there. She had brought a blanket and a candle with her, the blanket was swaddled around her and she had put the candle underneath Ruby's wooden 'headstone'. I tried to be quiet as I joined her because she looked deep in thought and I didn't wanna scare her. "Wanna come to bed, love?" I quietly asked.

"Yeah, just a few more minutes." she whispered. She then quietly told me why she was here- Thomas reminded her of Ruby, so she was feeling a little extra down. I told her it was alright and I was always here and we were then quiet from that point. After a while, I felt her muscles untense and realised she had drifted off to sleep in my arms.

I blew out the candle she had placed so nothing bad would happen overnight and then I swooped her up gently into my arms and started to carry her back to our hut in homestead. As I walked, I admired her sleepy form- she was gorgeous anyway but her sleeping was just the cutest thing I had ever set my eyes on. I swaddled her up a bit tighter in her blanket whilst she was in my arms, so the breeze wouldn't get to her skin as much and wake her up: she looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake her.

I walked into homestead with her: the only sounds being a few boys in the main room talking about something, snoring from boys outside or in other rooms, the creaky floorboards under my feet, and y/n's mumbles and light snores. Minho came out of a dim lit area, trying to keep his volume down as he layed eyes on my angel's limp body. "Was she there?" he whispered. I nodded at him and mouthed a thank you (Minho was the one who suggested she could be at Ruby's grave). I then took her to bed and she only stirred a little whilst I molded my body perfectly against hers so I could cuddle her whilst we slept.