Chapter 2: Headache

Jason POV

"Hey, Jason, will you be sitting with me and my friends today?" Piper asked. Piper was my girlfriend of 8 months now, and we were pretty serious. 

I loved her very much. 

"Err, I kinda promised the boys that I'd eat with them today," I said earnestly. 

Piper sighed. "Why again can't your friends just sit at my lunch table with my friends?"

Honestly, she made a good point. 

"You know why, Piper. A lot of them don't get along," I said. 

"You're right. Percy and Annabeth practically despise each other. Hazel, Leo, and Frank are so awkward with each other. And, don't even get me started on Rachel." 

"Yeah," I said even though I wanted to spend more time with her. After all, I wanted to eat lunch with my girlfriend every day. 

Piper gently wrapped her arms around my body. I kissed her on the forehead. 

"You know what, why don't we try to bring our groups together today?" I asked. 

"Yes, let's do it. I'll ask you're friends so that they can't say no," Piper said with a smile. I agreed with Piper because Piper had a way of getting people to do stuff. It was like her voice had power over other people. 

We walked into the cafeteria, and Piper managed to convince my friends to join her table. My friends glared at me as they walked over to Piper's table. Of course, they couldn't say no to Piper because that would've been very awkward. 

"Wait, hold, why are they here?" Annabeth and Thalia asked as they approached the now crowded lunch table. 

Percy groaned as Annabeth and he exchanged glares. 

The lunch was awkward, to say the least. We talked amongst ourselves, and surprisingly, most of our friends were getting along, but there were a few snags. 

The biggest snag was that Rachel decided not to join us. 

Percy had to exchange between our table and Rachel's cheer table every couple of minutes. Sometimes, I wondered why Percy even dated Rachel, but of course, I couldn't actually say that to him. 

On the bright side, Annabeth got to finish her interview with Percy for the school newspaper's sports highlights. 

By the end of lunch, Percy was sitting at the table rubbing his forehead. 

"Hey, Percy, are you okay?" I asked with concern. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, but my head is killing me," he responded. 

Percy was rubbing his forehead firmly with his palms and fingers. His eyes kept scrunching as to blind back the pain. It looked like a really bad headache. He had a headache this morning too, and it didn't seem to go away. 

"You should go to the nurse, bro."

"I did. She gave me some medication, but it didn't really do anything," Percy said as he massaged his temple. 

The headache must've been really bad if Percy actually went to the nurse.

"Percy, maybe you should go to the hospital," I said firmly. 

"Jason, I think I'll be fine. If it doesn't get better tonight, then I'll go." 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

Percy cracked a weak smile. "Yes, mom, I promise," he said teasingly. 

I nodded as I stared at Percy. Some of my friends gave me slack about being too much of a rule-follower. However, if Percy wasn't feeling good, he had to get it checked out.