Chapter 11: Losing

Annabeth POV

I was quite impressed with Percy as the days passed by. He was slowly readjusting with being at school and being out of the house. 

All of our friends were certainly happy to have him back. 

There would be times when things would get awkward. We'd be talking about a video or a picture, and Percy couldn't see them. It was sad, but Percy made sure to not make anyone feel bad about his condition. 

Seaweed Brain was one of the strongest and kindest people I knew. 

I still cannot believe how much we didn't get along before. I guess that was a silver lining for me.

Percy and I were walking towards the front door to go out into the parking lot. Percy was wearing ripped jeans and a tighter, cloth t-shirt. The green color emphasized the sparkle and beauty of his eyes. 

Sue me for noticing, but Percy looked incredibly attractive today. 

Percy was handsome in general. Swimming toned his body while genes made his face very appealing to look at. Today, his casual outfit further emphasized his looks. 

I quickly shook those thoughts out of my head. 

"Percy, are you sure that you want to go to the swim meet?" I asked. 

"Yes, Wise Girl. It's the first swim meet of the season. I want to be there for the team even though I'm not a part of it anymore," Percy said firmly. 

"It won't be too hard for you?" I asked cautiously. 

Percy paused. His walking stick took on a vertical position as he rested his palms on top of the hilt. Mr. Blofis (who was the English teacher and also Percy's step-dad) couldn't take Percy home today because he had a staff meeting after school.

Jason and Thalia were driving Percy home along with me and Piper. 

"I'm trying to move on, Wise Girl," Percy said softly. 

"Yeah, ripping off the bandaid," I replied to which he nodded silently. 

A few sophomores and freshmen girls passed us in the hallway. Their eyes lustfully intensified on Percy. I glared at them. It irked me that these girls were checking Percy out. 

Some of them backed off after noticing me. 

I've been told that I could be scary when I wanted to be. 

"Too bad he's blind because he's so hot," one girl whispered not so quietly to her friends. A few of them giggled. 

Percy sighed sadly as he started walking again. 

"Get lost, girls," I snapped in anger. "Also, who cares if he's blind," I said before following Percy. 

"Wise Girl, thanks," Percy said as I walked next to him. 

"Seriously, Seaweed Brain, who cares if you're blind. I certainly don't," I said earnestly. 

Percy gazed at me. He wasn't looking directly at me, but he was looking in the general area of my face. He smiled softly. 

I was glad that I was able to make him feel better. 

***

Jason POV

"Jason, keep your eyes to yourself," Piper said in annoyance. 

I quickly turned away from the girls that were coming out of the changing room. We were at the first swim meet of the season. I've been to several meets before to cheer on Percy.