Chapter Fifty Seven

At the stroke of midnight on April first nineteen ninety eight, the wailing of a baby rang throughout the house followed by a:

"Twins!?!" Simon shouted.

Thud!

"I guess Simon fainted." Pansy said.

"Ya think? Thanks for pointing out the obvious." Remmy said sarcastically.

"Did someone say twins?" Fred and George asked excitedly.

"Of course you two would get excited." Theo said dryly. Draco walked out of the room looking disheveled.

"I am never doing that again." He said with a terrified look on his face.

"Aw.... poor Drakey Poo. Now you have experience for when Astoria has Scorpius." Remmy snickered.

"I'm sorry, what!?!" Draco yelped.

"Oops, I may have said too much." Remmy said, clamping a hand over his mouth.

"Do you ever know when to shut up?" Theo asked.

"Nope." Remmy said cheekily.

"I am going to take a well deserved shower. I- gah..." Draco shivered trying not to think of what he just did. As Simon entered the room Fred and George jumped up.

"So," Fred began.

"Since its our birthday-"

"Are you going to make us godfathers, you know as a birthday present." They asked excitedly. Simon snorted.

"Are you crazy? To predestine them to a life of crime, no thank you."

"Us?"

"Crimes?"

"We never committed any crimes, we are law bidding citizens." Fred and George gasped, placing their hands over their hearts.

"Ahah..."

Sinon then turned to Theo.

"Where'd Draco go?" He asked.

"I think he went to get some brain bleach." Remmy stated.

"Brain bleach?" Everyone asked confused.

"His words not mine." Remmy said with a shrug.

"He never said that." Blaise said.

"He didn't? Oh, hey Blaise, I didn't know you still lived here." Remmy said waving cheerfully in his direction.

"Now back to what we were discussing. We are highly insulted that you don't trust us." Fred said dramatically.

"So, if we're not The Godfather's, who is?" George inquiried.

"Well, Theo, Veronica and I wanted to give you the honor of being Caroline's godfather." Before Theo could react Remmy belted out.

"Sweet Caroline, bum, bum, bum..."

Simon instantly facepalmed.

"Remmy." He said annoyed. He let out a sigh.

"I'm going to go find Draco."

"Draco? Why Draco?" Remmy asked.

"Because he's the one who delivered my kids." Simon replied.

"So, what's the name of the other child?" Fred asked.

"I am not telling you."

"Please?"

"I don't need Remmy making a mockery out of my son's name." Simon said firmly.

"It's a boy." The twins exclaimed.

"Yes and you three are not to go anywhere near him or his sister. Did I make myself clear?" Simon said, raising his voice.

"Ay ay Captain." Fred, George and Remmy said saluting him. Simon glared at them.

"I am serious."

"No, I am." Remmy said mischievously. Simon let out a groan.

"Is everything a joke to you?" He demanded.

"Hey, what's life without the risk? What's black without the white? What's sugar without the spice?"

"Will you shut up? I don't want you going anywhere near Samuel."

"His name starts with an S, like mine." Remmy's face lit up.

"Your name starts with an R."

"My full name is Sirius Remus. I only have you call me Remmy because I can't stand Siri."

"Stop making everything about you." Simon said slightly agitated.

"I was just saying that-"

"You won't go anywhere near my son." Simon said, cutting him off. Remmy gave him a sly grin.

"So, I guess I'll hang out with sweet little Caroline."

"You are not going anywhere near my kids." Simon growled.

"Remmy, please leave Simon alone." Iris said coming into the room.

"Hands,
Touching hands-"

"Remmy." Simon warned.

"Reaching out,
Touching me,
Touching you." Remmy sang completely off key.

"Remmy." Simon yelled covering his ears.

"Sweet Caroline,
Bum, bum,bum,
Good times never seemed so good-" Remmy croaked.

"Scilenco." Simon cried aiming his wand at the young werewolf. Remmy gave him a nasty fanged grin, his eyes flashed gold.

"Iris will you please deal with him?" Simon pleaded. Iris let out a sigh then turned to her brother. Her eyes flashing orange. Remmy's eyes widened in terror. He backed away from the group, turned around and bolted up to his room.

"Well, good night everyone." She said stifling a yawn. She gave Fred a quick kiss.

"Happy birthday." She said before heading up to take a shower.

As the days went by Iris began to get restless knowing full well what was going to happen in just a few days. When little Teddy Lupin was born Iris began to panic. There was now eleven days until the battle of Hogwarts and Iris was a mess.

On May second nineteen ninety eight Fred,George, Theo and Simon all came running out of their rooms holding their DA galleons. The look on their faces said it all and Iris knew what it ment. A pit formed in Iris' stomach. The moment she was dreading for five years now was upon them and Iris didn't know how she was going to save everyone.