Chapter 11

The train ride to Hogwarts was a quiet one. Fred was beginning to get worried when he and George cracked a joke and she didn't even smile.

"You ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine." She said, turning to look out the window, but Fred didn't believe her. He took her hand and dragged her out of the compartment.

"Where are we going?" She inquired. He found an empty compartment and closed the door.

"We're not leaving until you tell me what's going on. You've been acting strange ever since that conversation with Charlie. So, what's going on?" He asked concerned. Iris locked the door then turned back to him.

"You are not allowed to tell Harry anything." She said.

"Harry? What does Harry have to do with this?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Iris."

"Ok fine. My name isn't Iris Evans, it's Potter."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Harry is my older brother. I was born September first nineteen ninety four."

"You know you sound crazy. You can't be from the future."

"I'll prove it. Dumbledore is going to announce the triwizard tournament tonight."

"You really lost it."

"I don't have to explain myself to you now, get out!"

"Iris, I'm-"

"I said get out!" She yelled. Fred quickly exited the compartment. Iris collapsed onto one of the benches and burst into tears.

"Iris." A concerned voice said. Iris didn't look up. The person sat down next to her. Iris finally wiped her eyes and looked up to see Harry sitting next to her.

"Harry." She sniffed.

Iris began sobbing into Harry's shoulder startling him. Harry brought her into a hug. They just sat there in silence.

"Aww. This site just makes me sick. Potter and a mud blood." A voice in the doorway snickered. Iris pulled out her wand and without even looking she hexed the person. She stood up angrily and saw Draco Malfoy trying to make a run for it. Iris threw another hex at him and then aimed the wand under his chin.

"Say that again and I swear the only thing you'll be seeing is the bottom of the Black Lake." She threatened. Draco swallowed hard and tried to get up only to find himself stuck to the floor.

"Have fun trying to get out of that. It's a muggle invention called crazy glue. It's nearly impossible to break free so good luck." She sneered. She then turned to Draco's crew and aimed her wand at them.

"Who's next?" And with that Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zambini, Vincent Crabbe and Theodore Nott took off running.

"My father will hear about this."

Iris ignored his famous line and turned to Harry.

"Thank you for earlier." She said. Harry gave her a smile.

"By the way Iris, happy birthday." He said before leaving. Iris washed her face then headed back to Fred's compartment. Fred tried to talk to her, but she simply ignored him, grabbed her uniform and left.

That night when the Hogwarts Express pulled into the Hogsmeade station Iris got off as fast as she could. She wasn't in the mood of talking to Fred or George. She didn't care if she'd have to share a carriage with the Slytherin. Iris jumped into the first carriage along with "Theo"dore , Crabbe and Flint.

"What gives you the right to sit here?" Flint sneered. Iris raised an eyebrow.

"You know Flint I always knew you were really stupid. What's it like to have to repeat your seventh year because you failed potions?"

Theo hid a smile as the carriage took off towards the castle.

"Mud blood." Flint muttered. Iris punched him in the nose and shoved him off the side of the carriage.

"What? Couldn't hear you?"

Theo and Crabbe both began shifting in their seats.

"This is awkward." Iris said bluntly. Theo couldn't contain his laughter. Crabbe shot him a look.

"What? She's funny." Theo said innocently.

"What happened to your boyfriend? I thought you would never leave his side. Wait didn't Draco say she was balling her eyes out earlier. He probably didn't want to be around someone as pathetic as you." Crabbe sneered. Iris's wand shot down the sleeve of her robes and into her hand under Crabbe's chin.

"I thought you'd learn, but I guess you didn't." Iris shot a hex at him causing his nose to change into a clown nose and his hair to turn highlighter pink. Crabbe tried to get up only to find his shoelaces tied together. He found himself falling over the edge of the carriage.

"And then there were two." Iris said sitting down across from Theo. The rest of the ride was quiet.

When Iris got to the Great Hall, she took a seat next to Katie and Angelina.

"Iris! How was your holiday?" Katie asked.

"Quite entertaining. I had to be on my toes because of those two clowns." Iris replied referring to the twins. She then added.

"What about you?"

"Well, I went to the quidditch World Cup with Angelina and Alicia."

"I went with the Weasleys."

"That probably was fun."

"Loads. Ron's non stop eating, the twins testing their pranks on unsuspecting targets, winning the bet I made with the twins. I have to say it was pretty eventful."

After the sorting ceremony Dumbledore walked up to the podium.

"There will be no in house quidditch cup this year."

The whole Great Hall was in an up roar.

"Silence!"

The room grew quiet.

"As I was saying. I am pleased to announce that Hogwarts is going to be hosting the triwizards tournament this year."

Fred turned to her shocked. Mad-Eye Moody limped into the room. Dumbledore introduced him as the new Defense against the dark arts professor then continued on with his speech.

As soon as supper was over Fred made his way over to her.

"I don't want to talk to you Fred." Iris said slightly aggravated. Fred blocked her path.

"Iris, I'm sorry." He said.

"Fred, I told you I don't want to talk to you."

"Fred leave her alone." Harry said firmly, coming up next to her.

"Iris." Fred began again.

"I said leave me alone." She yelled. The lights in the castle began to flicker. Iris turned on her heels and stormed off to gryffindor tower. As she exited the Great Hall she crashed right into Theo.

"Could you watch where you're going?" He said annoyed.

"I could ask you the same thing." She shot back. Theo gave her a look.

"You ok?"

Iris stared at him surprised.

"I'm waiting."

"What?"

"For one of your pathetic blood supremacy insults."

"I just asked if you were ok? I saw you get into an argument with one of the Weasel twins."

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"I don't know." He admitted. The two of them walked away from the Great Hall.

"I have a feeling I know why."

She was debating or not if she should tell him the truth. After all he was her mum's younger brother.