Chapter Thirteen

On October thirtieth Dumstrang and Beauxbatons arrived. The goblet of Fire was soon lit and anyone above seventeen who were brave enough to enter stepped forward. Iris was one of those few. She enchanted her parchment not to shoot out until after the champions were chosen.

Her and Fred were once again on speaking terms.

"Promise me you won't put your name in." He said.

"I already casted my name."

"Iris this is dangerous. You really should be careful."

"Calm down Fred."

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down when you put your name into a deadly competition?"

"Says the guy who wanted to do the same, but is a little on the young side." Iris shot back. A few students walking by suddenly found their shoelaces stuck together.

"You are unbelievable." Fred muttered.

"I don't see George going ballistic. Didn't Angelina put her name in?"

"Iris."

"Please stop worrying about me."

"I'm your boyfriend. Of course I worry."

"Everything is going to be fine." Iris said reassuringly.

The next day...

"The Durmstrang champion is Victor Krum."

"The Beauxbaton champion is Fleur Delacour."

"Weasley." Iris thought to herself with a smile.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory."

After the champions left Dumbledore began speaking again. Iris kept her eyes on the goblet knowing what was coming. Fred gave her a confused look and his eyes followed. The blue flames turned red and spat out not one, but two more pieces of parchments. Dumbledore caught them surprised and was even more shocked to see the name on one of the parchments.

"Iris Evans and Harry Potter."

The moment Iris and Harry got to the other champions Dumbledore hurried in.

"Harry did you put your name in the goblet of Fire?"

"No."

"He's obviously lying." Madame Maxime said.

"You really think he'd be lying? Harry's been a target since the day his parents died and you're suspecting him of lying?"

"Miss Evans that's enough." Snape said firmly. Iris folded her arms and glared at him.

Iris and Harry left the others behind and headed back to the common room.

"Thank you for sticking up for me." Harry said.

"It was nothing." Iris stated. 

"It was really something. I could've sworn I saw fire surrounding you."

"Very funny."

"I'm serious."

"No you're not." She said with a mischievous grin.

Harry let out a groan.

"I've heard that enough this past summer I don't need to hear it from you too." He said dryly.

"Sorry. Couldn't help it."

"Of course you couldn't. Does everything seem like a joke to you?" Harry demanded.

"There's nothing wrong with making others laugh in dark times." Iris said angrily. The lights began flickering again. A few Slytherin passing by suddenly got hexed halfway down the corridor. The thing was neither Harry or Iris had their wands out. Harry looked around then pulled her into an empty classroom.

"Why am I always being dragged into empty classrooms?" Iris muttered.

"How long have you been able to do that?" Harry asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Iris said, giving him a confused look.

"Iris, this is serious. How long have you been able to do wandless magic?" Harry sounded worried.

"I don't know. Now why do you care?" She demanded.

"Because you're my sister and I care about you." Harry shot back.

Sorry it's very short.