Chapter Twenty One

As soon as they made it back to Grimmuald place Lupin turned to her and said.

"Go upstairs, we'll talk about training later."

After Iris went upstairs Lupin walked into the dining room where an order of the Phoenix meeting was currently taking place.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have another problem." He said grimly. Everyone looked at him confused.

"Didn't you just go with Iris to get her a new wand?" Sirius said.

"About that..."

"Remus, is everything alright?" Molly asked.

"Iris got Godric Gryffindor's wand." He replied. Everyone was stunned.

"Wow... I didn't even know that they found it." Sirius said surprised.

"So, what's so special about this wand of hers?"

"The moment she picked it up the whole place lit up. Not like an ordinary wand it was blinding. Ollivander then told her about that wand."

"What are you getting at Moony?" Sirius inquiried.

"He told her that Godric Gryffindor said that one day it will choose a very powerful witch or wizard."

"If you know who found out about this she'll be in danger."

"That is why we need to protect her." Lupin replied.

Iris, who was lying on her bed, had heard their whole conversation from three floors up.

"How am I able to hear them? And what do they mean powerful? I'm just ordinary?" She thought to herself.

"What is happening to me?" She wondered. Iris drifted off into a deep sleep.

The maze was dark. As Iris turned the corner she could hear someone cackling. Iris raised her wand nervously.

"You failed. You failed miserably."

"Who's there?" She asked. She turned around to see Harry carrying Cedric's limp body. Iris let out a scream.

"This is your fault! It's your fault he's dead!" Harry yelled.

"I-I'm sorry." Iris stammered. Her lower lip quivered.

"You're sorry!?! Cedric is dead! He's dead because of you!"

"Harry, please. I tried to stop him." Iris pleaded.

"You're a disgrace! You don't belong here! You're no Potter!"

"Please stop."

"You're a disgrace!"

"Stop! Just stop it!"

"Iris."

"Iris, wake up."

Iris shot up in her bed. Beads of sweat were forming on her face. Her hair stuck to her face and tears were flooding her eyes threatening to spill.

Iris saw Lupin sitting there. A worried look on his face.

"Are you alright?"

"Do I look like I'm ok?" She demanded with enough venom in her tone to make him flinch.

"I know you're upset, but life doesn't always work the way we want it. You know how many times I want to go back to save Lily, but I can't." Lupin said.

"Lily, what about James?"

"Sirius, can you not eavesdrop?" Lupin said annoyed. Sirius walked into the room.

"So, you would save Lily. What about James?"

Iris and Lupin exchanged knowing  looks.

"I meant I'd save both." Lupin said quickly. Sirius gave him a look.

"You expect me to believe you? You two are hiding something. So, what's going on?" Sirius demanded folding his arms.

"Can we talk about this later? Iris needs her sleep." Lupin said, handing her a small vial of the sleepless dream potion.

"You don't trust me." Sirius said a little hurt.

"Well, now you know how it feels." Lupin shot back.

"You're still mad about that? You're still mad that James, Lily and I did not trust you?"

"Can you two stop?" Iris pleaded. She knew that since Lupin was able to control his shifts, who knew what could happen. She noticed the werewolf claws and jumped up.

"Whoa, we're all friends here." She said putting herself in between the two men.

"Moony." Sirius said, trying to stay calm when he saw Lupin's eyes turning gold. Iris quickly turned to Lupin.

"You could do this Remus. Use your anchor." She said and she began to realize it wasn't working. Moony was about to rear his ugly head. Sirius tried to pull Iris away from him, but she pulled her arm out of Sirius' grip and turned back to Lupin.

"Repeat after me. Padfoot, Moony, Prongs." She said remembering how Scott and Stiles used  a similar tack tic when Liam was having trouble controlling his shifts.

"How is that supposed to help?" Sirius demanded.

"Just shut up for once and let him focus." Iris snapped. Sirius shut his mouth and tried to put distance between Iris and Lupin.

"Come on Remus, you could do this. Padfoot, Moony, Prongs. Padfoot, Moony, Prongs."

"Padfoot, Moony, Prongs." Lupin said shakily.

"Again."

"Padfoot, Moony, Prongs."  After saying it four more times his eyes returned to normal and his claws disappeared. Lupin collapsed onto a chair breathing heavily.

"Wow.... Iris how'd you know that would work?" Sirius inquiried. Iris shrugged.

"I have a lot of experience with furry little problems. My best friend in the states is a werewolf." She replied.

"You're friends with a werewolf?"

"Yes, Sirius. Good to see you're catching on."

Sirius glared at her.

They heard yelling from downstairs. Iris grabbed her wand and apparated downstairs to see what was going on only to find the others had their wands trained on Theo.

"Theo." She said lowering her wand. She ran over to her uncle and gave him a hug startling him.

"Good to see you too, Iris." He said trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Can someone explain to me why a Nott a known you know who supporter is standing in my home?" Sirius demanded. 

"His father disowned him, you idiot. You're one of the only ones who knows how that feels." Iris said defensively stepping in the path of Theo and the Order.

"Why would his father disown him?"

"Because I don't agree with his blood supremacy nonsense." Theo answered nervously.

"How do we know we could trust him?" Sirius asked cautiously.

"I trust him. And if you still won't take my word that he's not a threat you could alway give him
Veritaserum."

"I'll do it." Theo blurted out.