Chapter Two

"What was Dumbledore thinking when he asked me to babysit you, I'm not even the head of your house." Professor Snape muttered dryly.

"The feeling is mutual." Iris said as they made their way to Ollivanders. Snape glared at her.

"This is going to be a very long day." He said with a sigh.

"You don't need to tell me." She said, throwing open the door to Ollivanders. She then hollered.

"Greetings Ollivander, I am here to get my wand."

"Are you always like this?" Snape asked.

"It depends if I had my cup of coffee. If I didn't I'd be as grouchy as you, but other than that it's my perky personality so, get used to it." Iris said sassily flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Are you sure you're not related to that idiot Potter?"

"No calling Harry names."

"I wasn't talking about Harry." Snape said annoyed. Ollivander cleared his throat behind them.

"Hello, Miss Evans." He said coming out of the shadows. He then told her to hold out her wand arm and measured it. Ollivander disappeared into the back then came back a few minutes later. He took out the wand and before he could tell her anything about it the wand exploded. The same thing happened to the next two wands.

"Interesting." Snape said. Iris glared at him.

"What's so interesting about me breaking wands?" She demanded becoming increasingly frustrated with each wand that broke. Snape didn't answer.

"Hmm... you have a big personality. Hmm... and far more powerful then she realizes."

Ollivander started bringing out much longer wands than the standard size. After what seemed like a while he took out a fourteen inch wand and handed it to her.

"Phoenix core, mahogany, fourteen inch, slightly supple." Ollivander said. Snape raised an eyebrow. Iris felt this warm feeling take over her as a light surrounded her.

"That's the one." He simply said.

"Thank you." Iris said all perky now happy that she had found her wand. Snape rolled his eyes.

"I better get going. Mr. Killjoy over here is getting quite bored." Iris said. Snape glared at her as they headed out of the shop.

"What? You wanted me to call you Lord Grease or Lord Slime? How may I be at your service Lord Slime?" Iris asked with a curtsy.

"That's ten points from Gryffindor for your cheek."

"We're not in Hogwarts so you can't take points from me, ha." Iris snickered.

"Another word out of your mouth and I'll leave you right here." Snape threatened.

"Dumbledore would not be happy with you." Iris pointed out.

"Read. My. Lips. I. Don't. Care."

"Ok, we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. Because, because, because, because, because. Because of the wonderful things he does."

Snape muttered something under his breath. The next thing Iris knew was that something went flying into her mouth causing her to sputter. She turned and gave Snape a dirty look.

"Now, let's go, Miss Evans."

***

"She could produce a Patronus." Fred stated in their first defense against the dark arts class.