Part- 61

Years passed, it was when, Pandavas along with Draupadi was settled in Indraprastha.

Subhadra's POV

The dawn approached with the usual chirping of the birds near by my window. I opened my eyes when the morning sun rays fall upon my face, making me ready for a new day.

" From the old to new !",: I whispered under my breath staring at the ceiling, laying lazily thinking about the life. When suddenly the sound of some footsteps disturbed me.

" What's this? My naughty princess haven't woken up yet !", Rukmini bhabhi looked at me with her beautiful eyes.
I smiled at her and hid my face with a pillow.

"Subhu....! This is how you are going to behave after your marriage !", she said in a teasing tone , tickling me up.

"Bhabhi..!", I pouted.
She laughed pulling my cheecks and told me to get ready and come for the breakfast.

After getting ready, I went to the dining area and saw my parents, bratha Krishna along with my bhabhi's except bratha Balram, already seated waiting for me. I missed my bratha though but I don't want him to complete the training period for prince Duryodhan so soon.

I greeted everyone with a warm smile and sat near Revati bhabhi for the breakfast.

" I heard that my Parth is on an exile of 12 years !", bratha Krishna told while eating which made me startled.

" What ?", I shrieked out without realising the surrounding. I could sense all the gazes upon me, I smiled slightly and continued to eat.

" As he broke the mutual agreement by entering yudhishthir and Draupadi's chamber for helping a poor Brahmana !", Bratha told us and passed a mischievous glint at me.

"Does he got any hint?", I gulped as my head was roaming throughout with this question.
I emptied the glass of water at one go and went out fastly as his mischievous gaze at me got intense.

I straightly went to my chamber and sat on the swing relieved.
" What will bratha think of me if he comes to know I'm in love with our bua's son, that too his Parth ", I covered my face with embarrassment.

"Parth ! Where is he now?", I thought despondently .

There wasn't a day in my life without his thoughts, the memories with him was always haunting me. As the thoughts find their way Into a bright twilight, everything is there except the goodbyes. I have tried to forget as I should have known there would be regret.

" Bhadree...! Won't you help your bratha ?", A voice interrupted me.
I turned to see bratha Krishna approaching me with his sweet innocent smile. I observed him suspiciously , as I know there will be something behind this drama.

" What do you want from your this sweet little sister of yours ?", I asked with the same innocence to catch up his.

" I want my this sweet little sister to learn how to ride a chariot !", He said pinching my cheecks.

" Ride a chariot ! Why should I?", I asked confusly.

" I want someone whom I can trust fully for my important tasks! As you know that dau is not here, I found you as more suitable and trustworthy for this task", he replied in his playful voice.
I glanced at him dubiously as I wasn't satisfied by his answer.

"Later, It may help you out in future! ", He said with a meaningful smile.

"Future ?", I asked.

"Hmm.. I meant, my sister is going to be a queen soon, right? !",he smiled.

"I don't want to be the queen of any Kingdom ", I said annoyingly.

"What if of someone's heart! ", he whispered which made me a little nervous.

" What are you upto bratha ?", I asked straightly with a stern expression.

" Oh God! What is this ? I asked her for a small help that too just about riding a chariot and see now how's she questioning me !", He said and I watched his usual drama without any emotions.

"This all won't happen If my Parth was here !", He said loudly watching me through corner of his eyes.
I huffed closing my eyes.

"Alright ! I'm ready to learn. Now stop acting ", I rolled my eyes to which he smiled brightly and dragged me along with him.

"Let this be a way to end all my haunting thoughts !", I led out a deep sigh.

Years run by,

Arjun's POV

The yellow glitter of the golden fort of the city in the sea, throwing yellow light all round looked as if the flames of vadavagni came out tearing asunder the sea, " Dwaraka, a city in gold !", I whispered mesmerized at it's sight and thought about the past.

It's been  years But whenever i remember, My eyes still shed tears And i still feel my fears. Just a couple of time being with you Now it takes me forever to forget you.
"When will i learn to forget? Will I always have all these regrets ?", I questioned myself.

I know that it's bound to happen That when the news is eventually brought to their attention. They'll take a second glance at who they WERE, who they COULD have been, It'll be an awakening moment of what they SHOULD have done But they never would Not without what had already happened, It's just the fact of life that we all have to live with Regret!

As I entered the arena, my gaze felled upon a group of people, who were busy discussing something. I moved towards the group to know the fact.

" Do you guys know ? Our dear little Princess is going to get married soon !", I heard a guy spoke out.

"What !", I shouted frownly.
As soon as I realised what I have  done,  everyone started staring me confusly as they haven't seen a Yati behaved like this before.

I gulped and smiled.

______________________________________
Vote and comment.