Part-71

I was blind and heart broken and didn't want to do anything, just burst into the chamber and sat on the floor with a thud. I laid my head onto the side of the bed, directing the emotions which brimmed over me constantly.

" Subhadree !", I turned as I felt Prince Arjun's hands over my shoulder.
" Arya !", I tried to fake a smile but I could see his eyes remained fixed on the outfit that I wored.

" Arya... I...",  I stammered glancing down with  loss of words  and before I could utter anything more Arjun pulled me into his warmly embrace ,. " Bhadrey ! Don't think of hiding anything, I know that you were present at Panchali's chamber and  heard our conversations but priye it isn't the end", he whispered caressing my hair. I hummed in response burying my face deep into his chest.

"It's not you Bhadrey, It's me who  hurted her , and it's me whom her anger is outraging with ! Still now she hasn't raised any words against you! She doesn't hate you Bhadrey, she cannot!. Let her pour all her emotions on me , I know I affort it. But she can't deny you, yes she can't deny her Govind's sister !", he said with a smile pecking my forehead.

I thought for a while, Yes, he was right! She never showed any glint of hate towards me neither by action nor  words. I have to somehow repay for all this gesture and love.  It isn't his fault completely, I know I'm a part too.I sighed. Yes I have too pacify her, it's my responsibility .
I withdrew from his hold and got up immediately with a hope.

I noticed his confused eyes to which I smiled back .
" Arya, you maybe confused now. But please give me a chance to speak with jiji. What if the potent vexation got erased by this little sparkle of  Madhav's eyes!", I said glancing at his eyes. He nodded his head with a imperishable smile . I returned back the same and stepped out of the chamber.

Draupadi's chamber

I entered and saw her lost in thoughts sitting on the couch. The dried marks of tears were clear on her cheecks which made my heart to shatter again.
" Pranipat Maharani !", I managed to speak looking straight at her. Instead of getting a glance, she nodded her head slightly with her eyes still fixed on the same position.

I came in and sat down clasping her feet. She got up jerkily and gazed at me astonishingly.
" Subhadra, dear ! What are you doing? And why these clothes?", She asked befuddledly making me sit near her.

" Please Forgive me jiji ! ", that was all I could say. To which she smiled and hold my hand in her's, " Forgiveness? For what? You haven't done any sins to seek forgiveness from me !".

" But, I hurted you !", I muttered while she interrupted, " You haven't dear! But right now you are hurting me more by asking forgiveness for something which you need not", she said with a playful smile. Even though she tried to hide her pain it was keen visible in her eyes. Bhrata Krishna was right she is indeed a pure soul.
I smiled and hugged her tightly, I really don't want to lose a beautiful jiji like this.

" Are you still angry on Arya?", I asked as I broked the hug. She huffed and looked at me, " No Subhadra ! Men will be always men. You know, when a second tie is binded the first loosens, that was I scared off.  I guess you could understand my saying !". I hummed in response as I have experienced the same pain losing him once.There's no culpability in her for doing so, if it was me I would have behaved in the same way.

" Tell Arya, that I have accepted you both wholeheartedly ! And don't dare to come infront of me in such outfits", she said with a smile carressing my hair. I nodded smilingly and went out of the chamber.

I was so happy that I couldn't define, I went straight into the chamber and saw Arya sitting with a tensed face.
Thought of breaking the news at the first place but something that was hidden so long inside me resisted.
I grinned and entered the chamber with a fallen face.

He stood up immediately and awaited for an answer impatiently. I tried not to laugh at his disoriented expression.
Still with a disappointed face, I moved to side of the bed and started arranging my clothes.

" What are you doing Subhadra? And what did Panchali said?", He asked nervously coming towards me.
" Arya, I'm returning back to Dwaraka!", I whispered avoiding his gaze and sensed his worriedness increasing.

" Dwaraka? What do you mean? No, I can't let you alone!  Wait I will talk with Panchali. You both are precious to me and I don't want to see any one of you suffering because of me ", he said with an intense feeling that touched my heart. I smiled and let him go, that was I wanted.

____________________________________

Vote and comment.