Part-45

It was night, Arjun entered into his chamber and moved towards the window.

"What's all happening Madhav?",he whispered to himself and thought about the past incidents.

Arjun's pov

"What are we upto Madhav?", I asked him when we reached Panchal.
He returned a mischievous smile to me and said"Parth! When the time arrives, you will get answer to all your questions".
I guessed it, my Madhav's reply will be something like this and returned a smile to him.

"Where are you taking us?", I heard bratha Yudhisthir inquiring Madhav.

"To the Kingdom, to witness Yajnaseni's swayamvar",he said glancing at us.
"Yajnaseni ?",we asked confusly.

Madhav nodded and told that King Drupada performed a Yajna and Draupadi was emerged from the sacrificial fire after her sibling Dhrishtadyumna. And she's the most beautiful woman of entire Aryavart.

"But what's the need of us there?,bratha Bheem interrupted.

"You guys promised  to help me right?", Madhav said in a innocent tone.
"But what help?", Bratha Bheem asked curiously.

"No more questions! If you want to know then follow me", Madhav said and increased his speed.
I saw my brothers looking at him confusly but I controlled my smile by seeing his tactics.

I saw many people standing around to witness the contest of swayamvar and heard bratha Bheem asking Madhav"what we have to do now?".

"You all stand here and enjoy the swayamvar and I will be right back", Madhav said and went to the seat near King Drupada and sat there.

"This Vasudev Krishna!", I heard bratha Bheem whispering.
I giggled and calmed bratha Bheem"you know that he's always like that".

My eyes went towards the Princess and got admired by seeing her beauty.
I also noticed that my brothers were too got mesmerized by seeing her.
"Madhav was right, she's indeed a heavenly beauty!", I thought myself.

Soon my eyes caught someothers, it was the Kauravas and Angraj Karn.
I saw bratha Bheem fuming with anger seeing Duryodhan.
Bratha yudhisthir and me tried to compose him.

Suddenly,A bell rang making everyone's attention towards the minister.He addressed that the test was to lift and string a bow, and fire arrows to pierce the eye of a golden fish only by looking at it's reflection in the water.

The competition beganned, and I saw that almost every Princes were unable to finish the challange.

Now it's was Angraj karn's turn, I was sure that he would be able to give an end to this challenge.
But I heard the Princess opposing him to participate as she don't want to marry a Suta putra.

"You blockhead princess! There's no Archer in the entire Aryavart to defeat my friend", Duryodhan shouted at her.
I hold bratha Bheem's hand and actioned him to control his anger when he tried to take a move towards Duryodhan.

Everyone started discussing, and I saw King Drupada looking worried and Madhav trying to console him.
"I think we have to give the chances to the saints too",Madhav announced everyone and took a glance at me.

"Yes Arjun you have to prove that you are better than that evil Duryodhan's friend", bratha Bheem said pushing me forward.
I gulped and looked at Madhav,who nodded with a smile and the princess's hopeful eyes.

I took a deep breath and entered the arena. I took the bow and with all might ,fire an arrow that pierced the eye of the golden fish.
Flowers began to shower over me but my heart was perforating.

I can see many confused faces in front of my eyes but I stood still. Many others started making oppositions against me, until Madhav revealed the true identity of me.

"Arjun...!", I heard Duryodhan screaming. "So, This was your dirty trick!",he growled at me.
Before I could say anything Bratha Bheem stood infront of me.

"Duryodhan!", I heard him shouting with anger. Duryodhan stamped on the floor forcly and got out from there followed by the others.

Next the minister come towards me and asked me my approval for this marriage.

I was tongue tied. I was not knowing what to say. I saw the princess's smiling face which was overflowing with happiness. On the other side, I saw Subhadra's loving face, how can I do this to her. I can't see her hurt.

Neither I can spoil both their happiness. And I stood there still in a dilemma of choosing.

Bhrata yudhisthir patted my shoulders interrupting my thoughts.
"Arjun, you have won the swayamvar, So it's your dharma to accept her",he whispered to me.
I looked at Madhav,he winked his eyes smilingly.

"So, this was your intention for bringing us here Madhav", I whispered looking at him to which he returned a mischievous smile.

The minister looked at me for a response.
I puffed and nodded my acceptance.

She smiled with joy and come towards me with the garland.
I bowed my head and she put the garland over my neck. My heart began shudder.

I looked at her eyes which was twinkling with love and affection.
I smiled at her and placed the garland over her neck.

"Sakhi, I think you have to go with them now and seek the blessings for marriage from Mata Kunti", I heard Madhav telling her.
I stood their astonishgly.

"How will I able to mend your broken heart? I felt like my entire world has fallen apart.
"I'm really sorry Subhadra! but I have to do this"I sighed.

______________________________________

Balance POV on the next part 😌

Vote and comment.