Part-40

The next morning,

Kunti was busy in arranging the stuffs for the pooja, while Subhadra entered there,

"Mata,how can I help you?", she asked smilingly looking at Kunti.

"There's no much work left, putri", Kunti said looking at her.
Subhadra pouted.

"Alright dear!, don't make faces . You do one thing, go and collect some flowers for the Pooja", Kunti said pulling her cheecks.

"As your order Mata", Subhadra said smiling and took the basket and left.

"Where are you going sister", Sahadev asked curiously looking at her.

"For collecting flowers bratha", she said looking at him.

"Are you going alone?", yudhisthir interrupted them.
Subhadra nodded.

"Don't go alone sister, Take this responsible man with you",Bheem said patting Arjun's shoulder.

"Responsible man?", Arjun asked confusly.

"Don't be so irresponsible person bratha, I have heard that your marriage is fixed", Nakul said giggling.
Arjun gave a stern look.

"Yes bratha, go with her now", Sahadev said smiling.

"I will come with you", Arjun said with a blissful smile looking at her.
Subhadra smiled.

Nakul started coughing by seeing them. Arjun returned a warning look.

"What? You guys don't worry, I will spare you for today", Nakul said giggling.

Arjun and Subhadra smiled at eachother and was about to leave,
"Parth!", suddenly a voice interrupted them. They turned to see Krishna.

"Madhav !", Arjun exclaimed with joy.

"Bratha..", Subhadra said and hugged him.

"How are you dear?",he asked pulling her cheecks.

"I'm fine bratha. By the way, I hope that you are not here to take me with you", she asked with puppy eyes.

"Oh I see, so you are planning to stay here", he asked with a mischievous smile.
She smiled.

"Don't worry sister, I'm not here to take you but someone else", he said mischievously.

"What do you mean?", yudhisthir asked confusly.

"Nothing much bratha, I want you three to come with me now",he said looking at Arjun, Bheem and yudhisthir.
They looked each other bewilderedly.

"What's the matter Madhav?", Arjun asked curiously.

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important",he said with a meaningful look.

"What are you upto now Madhav?, Arjun asked smilingly.

"What do you think Parth?", Krishna asked looking at him.

Arjun shrugged his shoulders and said"Anyway, I believe that you are doing this for our good".

"Who else knows me better than my Parth", Krishna said patting Arjun's shoulder.
Arjun smiled.

They were ready to leave while Arjun went near Subhadra,

"It's hard to realise what's going in your bratha's mind", Arjun whispered to her.

"There's No one in this world, who can understand my bratha", she said smilingly.

" I believe that I can come back to you with some good news", he said grinning.

"I hope so prince", she said happily.

"Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying or getting overly angry or to maintain control", Krishna interrupted them.

Subhadra and Arjun gave him a confused look.

"Hope and change are hard-fought things.", Krishna said looking at Subhadra.

"Anyway,Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.",he said caressing her hair.
She nodded and gave a confused smile.

After they were gone, Nakul whispered slowly looking at Subhadra"Better luck next time sister".
She gave him a stern look.

"Now go and collect the flowers alone",he said giggling.

"Who told that I'm Alone? Come and help me to pluck the flowers bratha", she said mischievously and dragged him along with her.
______________________________________

It was afternoon, Kunti was inside the hut engaged in the pooja.
While Subhadra was busy in cooking,

"See Nakul, who's incharge of cooking", Sahadev said smiling.

"Sahadev,Looks like we have to go with a empty stomach ", Nakul said placing his hand over his stomach.

"You guys started again! What's wrong with my cooking?", she asked pouting.
Nakul and sahadev giggled.

"Let, bratha Arjun try it out first. Right Sahadev?", Nakul said chuckling.
Sahadev nodded.

"Whatever!", she said exasperatedly.
They smiled.

"By the way bratha, what is your intuitions telling? Is there any possibility of some good sign?", she asked looking at Sahadev.

"Maybe!",he said in a skittish manner but his mind was still wandering.

"Maybe? Is that your intuition?Then what's the need for the answer", Nakul said teasingly interrupting Sahadev's thoughts.
Sahadev frowned at him.

"Both of you stop now", Subhadra said smilingly.
They smiled.

"I wonder, why are they taking time", she whispered dubiously.

"Let me check them out", sahadev said getting up and left.

"Sister, I think my bratha got someone else. I really feel bad for you sister", Nakul said faking disappointment.

"Bratha...! Stop it", she said looking at him.
He giggled.

Subhadra's POV

Even though bratha Nakul is joking, I don't know why my heart was not ready to accept that. It was saying something else, which was not clearly understandable ..........

"Hope and change are hard- fought things"..... bratha Krishna's voice was still ringing in my ears.
"What does he mean by that?", I thought with a sigh.

"Everything happens for good", I whispered taking a deep breath and comforted myself.

"There comes Sahadev",bratha Nakul's voice interrupted my thoughts.
I looked at bratha Sahadev but there was some else too, a girl...

"A girl of incomprehensible beauty!
She had dark complexion with curly bluish tinged hair but she was exceptionally beautiful!
She is absolutely a breath taking beauty!".

"Who's she?", I thought myself.
"Her attire tells me that she's a Princess, but the garland on her neck....", I looked at her confusly.

"Why she's coming here?',My mind was fully distracted by many questions.

"Someone's got married", bratha Nakul said looking at me.
I looked at him confusly.

"I guess, the next daughter in law is ready to take her post",he said smilingly.
"But who's that lucky groom?",he said with a mischievous smile and started to take a look.

"Who could be it bratha?", I asked with a little nervous.

I looked at him for an answer but instead I saw his big broad smile getting fade.
My heart beat was getting intensed. I took a deep breath and turned to take a glance at the groom,

"Prince Arjun!", I felt my heart down.

______________________________________

Vote and comment.