Chapter 16

Louis

My ears ring, I couldn't believe what he just said.

Assassin? Kill people?

"What do you mean??" I ask, with unbelieving eyes.

I saw him smile bitterly, while he move a foot away from me.

"I killed people for a living, that's what I mean.." He mumble softly.

I frown, shaking my head. "That's impossible Masha.., you can't possibly do that. You're small and fragile, there's no way that you can hurt anyone let alone kill them.."

But Masha just laugh like a total maniac, there's no happiness nor glee in his voice. It sounds cold, totally void of any emotion.

"But sadly, I can. In fact I'm the one who killed those guys who kidnapped me. Unfortunately Shanna escaped..I should have killed her too when I got the chance." Masha's whole demeanor become cold and his eyes turn blank while he look up at me.

"It seems you can't accept it huh,. I should have known.. Everything is so good to be true." He state sadly, while he turn and starts to walk away.

I want to chase after him, to talk to him. And let him know that its okay. But how could I? If I'm here and totally rooted on the chair I'm sitting in, not believing every words that came from him. Even though without a doubt I know his saying the truth. I just can't accept it.. And how can I do it, if I also hate that part in me...

I mean as an Alpha, I'm supposed to protect my people even though I have to kill others just to do that. And it always pain me to do the killing even though I know that those rogue deserve it.

That's why learning the truth behind Masha's past, is so hard to accept.

And now, I don't know what to do..

--

Masha

My heart completely shatters. And my world turned dark again. The light that once lit up inside me, were completely blown away.

I should have known...

No one will accept the real me...no one..

Suddenly I jolt in surprise when my phone rings. Sighing I take it out and answered.

"Tony." My voice blank.

"And where the fuck have you've been? Its more than a week already and I didn't heard anything from you!"

"Sorry about that, so what now?" I ask.

"Well, the boss is asking about you. He says that your neglecting your work. So he is the one who gave you your next mission.."

"What? Are you serious?! You know that guy, every mission he's giving is close to impossible!" I shriek frantically, while I grip my hair tightly.

"Well about that, its really impossible I guess.." He squeak, with a fear filled voice.

"Tsk! Just give me the data.. Fucking old man.." I grumble, while I hang up with an annoyed expression.

Just a second later, my phone ping. Opening the message my eyes widen while I choke my own spit.

Seriously? That fucking stupid crazy old bat!

Huffing angrily, I took out the simcard and destroy it before I throw it away. With a last glance at the palace that I've learned to love this past month. I realized that everything won't ever be the same again.

I love Lo, and I accept everything about him even the wolf part of him but he clearly couldn't do the same with me.

My life is my own, and he can't force me to change. I choose to be this way, or rather I don't have the luxury that he have that's why this is the only way I can live my life.

And I guess if he can't accept me then there's no reason to be here anymore...

A lone tear escape from my eyes. Before a wall completely sorrounds my heart..

No more hurting, no more pain, and I won't cry ever again..

Whirling my body, I start to walk again far from the man I love. But now, I'm not planning to come back anymore..

I guess its really goodbye now, Lo..

--

Louis

I'm like a zombie when I came back at the pack house. While everything that we talk about swirl in my head.

Its so unreal. My little Masha is an assassin? I never thought that's possible. Never imagined that it is what his hiding all along.

But my heart suddenly throb inside my chest. Nervousness filled me and I can feel my wolf become giddy while it pace around, completely troubled.

'I guess its really goodbye now, Lo.'

My body become numb when I heard Masha's voice through the wind.

Suddenly I bolted out my room.

'Josh! Gather the warriors, Masha is leaving! Do everything you can to stop him!' I scream out through the pack link.

I run out the main room, not stopping when my mom called me. I shift to my wolf form and run more faster.

I stop caring for everything, as I run faster than I've run throughout my lifetime.

I just want to reach my mate...

And tell him that I truly love him with everything in me...

I have to stop him..

I have to..

I stop running and begin walking slowly when I came towards the border of our territory. I shifted back into my human form while I crouch down and took the phone that I gave him which is lying on the ground.

"Lo, what happened we didn't see him.. Did something happened? Hey?!" Josh ask worriedly when he, and the others arrived.

So did he really left me?

My body shake, while tears starts to fall from my eyes.. "Masha...Masha..Masha!!!!!!"

_______________________________________