Chapter 18

Masha

"What are you doing here?" An angry voice asked behind me.

Turning around I saw Jess fuming angrily while he glares at me. I guess I deserve that but it still shock me. I know I am the one who run away, but I have a good reason to do that.

At least that's what I'm aware of...

"I want to see Lo.." I answer, timidly.

Jess scoff, not removing his angry eyes from me. "And what for? To hurt him again! I think you've done enough damage! I don't care if your my brother's mate or not! Just leave and don't come back!!"

"Enough, Jess. You don't know the whole truth, so I suggest you to go back with your siblings I will handle Masha.." A stern looking Josh, came at us.

"But its not fair! Lo, is in critical condition because of him!!" Jess screech angrily, while Darrel suddenly appear and drag him towards the others.

I smile at Darrel when he looks at my way, but he didn't acknowledge my presence and he simply walks away.

Even Lo's mother or even Kia and honestly I can feel their anger as it almost transparent around them, as they look at me hatefully.

"Don't worry about them, they just don't know what truly happened between the two of you. And Lo can't really say what's the true reason behind your sudden disappearance, because he don't want to inform them about the truth about you."

I just shrugged my shoulders.. I guess that's understandable, Lo is someone who's like that...

Silence envelop us, as Josh led me towards Lo's room. And like what the news reported before, Josh inform me that there's really no improvement on his condition.

I suddenly stop when we came in the door, while I tug Josh arm and motion him to be silent. Slowly I took out my gun. That almost make Josh scream if I am fast enough to cover his mouth.

Glaring at him, I turn my eyes at the door again. And like I thought, there's something strange about it.

The door is not lock, and there's a strange looking wire tied on the door knob.

Without hesitation I push the door hard and roll on the ground. There's a strange sound echoed throughout the whole room, and my heart skip a beat when I saw a man wearing a nurse outfit holding a knife ready to plunge it in Lo's chest.

"Stop!" Josh scream out to the guy, but the man just smirk at him and bring his knife down, ready to strike..

My adrenaline shoot off while I move speedily, I heard a lot of foot steps but my eyes are seeing red and with a swift motion I remove the safety lock of my gun. I aim, and take a shot.

The man yelp in pain, as he drop the knife on the ground while he clutches his bleeding wrist with his other hand.

I run towards him and kick the knife away, while I force him on his knees and point my gun on his head.

"Who order you to do this?!" I demand coldly.

My blood is boiling, while I feel this itch to kill this man.

"Its enough, Masha.." Josh suddenly state while he holds my shoulder.

I shook my head, and tighten my grip on the gun on my hand. "No, it won't! Until I don't see any justice for Lo, I will not rest while the person who did this is killed!" I sneer.

"Whoa?!" Someone called out from the door, but I didn't turn my head as my eyes remain to guy whimpering on his knees in front of me.

He is crying pathetically as he clutch his wounded wrist tightly on his chest, while his body trembles from so much fear.