Chapter 19

Louis

I'm utterly shocked.

I'm happy I know, especially that my mate is here once again in my arms. But to suddenly wake up and witnessed 'this', is something I never thought possible.

My body is aching all over, and even my head is killing me but I don't have the time to complain. While Josh and Masha, help me to go out of my room as I hobble on my feet.

My mom and siblings are in front of us, busy tending to some people who are busy moving around, while they gave way for us.

The whole hospital is in total chaos.

Some people are running and screaming for their love ones. The others are crying for help. There are some people who are bloodied and wounded as the doctors were busy tending to their needs. Nurses and medical helpers are running around the place, looking for some people that have been hurt.

But if it's chaos inside, the outside is beyond I ever can imagine.

It's much worst. Cars are smashed and scattered around the place, while the cemented ground have a lot of cracks and holes in it. People are crying and running around while panicking. Some are lying on the ground, and I'm not sure if they are still alive or already dead.

Then my eyes widen when I turn around and saw the building we just came out. It's beyond recognition with its cracking walls and shattered windows.

I yelp in surprise when bullets suddenly rained around us.

"Go, run!" Masha scream, while he push me and Josh as he turn around clutching a gun.

"No! Masha!" I called back at him, while fighting Josh hold at me.

He turn and smiled at me. "Don't worry, I'm not planning to die yet."

My knees grew weak, while a shiver run through my spine.

God, he looks so cool!

"Come on Lo! We don't have enough time!" Josh grumbles, while he drag me towards the car. Looking back at Masha, my heart skip a beat when I saw him almost got hit by a stray bullet. I wanted to scream and run over him. To shift on my wolf and kill them all, but I can't.

Because there are a lot of humans all over the place, and it's a taboo to let them know about our existence. And our enemies clearly know about that because they choose to attack us in a public place like this without even considering the safety of the innocent bystanders.

"Hurry up, drive!" Masha state when he came in the car, breathless.

Josh didn't waste any time as he speedily drove away. But I curse in my head when motorbikes run after us.

"What the fuck?! Seriously!" Kia screech, annoyed while she look behind us.

"Can someone tell us, what's really going on?!" Darrel huff angrily, but I can sense him panicking.

I turn and look at Masha, but he didn't acknowledge us while he open the window beside him.

"Just don't mind me, and drive." He state seriously.

We all gasp when he suddenly hop outside while he move his body expertly and jump on the roof.

I'm getting nervous, and scared for him. But I know that he is the only way for us to live.

"Who is he really?" My mother suddenly state, while she looks at me with a serious face.

"Mom, you can ask about that later. But I can assure you that Masha is a good guy.."

She sighed heavily and lean on her chair. "I'm not judging him, Louis. I just want to know the whole truth. Because it seems that we've become unfair to him even through we really don't know the whole truth behind everything that have happened between the two of you."

I huff tiredly and closed my eyes. "I know Mom, I know.." But I jump, and scream loudly when the car jolt with so much force.

I open my eyes and look around, but my eyes widen while dread filled me.

We are cornered.

There is a car in front of us. While a lot of motor bikers are behind us.

"Don't get out." Masha exclaim with a tight lip when he get down, stopping Josh from going out of the car.

"But.." Josh stammers.

He didn't replied back, as he walk over the car.

My heart is fluttering uncontrollably inside my chest. As I look at Masha nervously. He looks so small while holding a riffle which is much bigger than him.

I can feel my wolf growling inside me, while my canine starts to sharpen.

"Louis hold your wolf down!" Josh called out.

"I am an Alpha, and I will fight to protect my mate!!" I snarl, angrily.

"They are humans Lo, and even though they are here to kill us we don't have the right to hurt them! Can't you see, Masha is doing everything he can do for us.. To keep our secret safe and protect us." Josh exclaimed, with trembling voice.

I bit my lip forcefully, breaking the skin while the blood drip from the wound towards my chin.

I'm aware of that. I know that already. That Masha is sacrificing himself for me, and for my family. But God, he's still a child. And I can't help to feel the shame flooded inside me, while tears slowly flow out from my eyes wetting my cheeks.

"Oh.My.God." Kia exclaim, with a shocked face.

I frowned, and wipe my cheeks. Turning my eyes toward where they're looking, I gasp from shock while a chill run all over my skin.

Its something I never thought I will ever witness in real life.

Masha is on the middle of streets panting hard. Surrounded by a lot of lying bodies on the ground. They are severely hurt, and I don't want to think that he killed them all because honestly that is truly impossible.

Kia, Darrel, Jess and my mother suddenly bolted out of the car and run over him. While Josh came out too. I slowly open the door and look around with an open mouth.

"Wow! You really did it huh.." Josh exclaim with a surprised look.

Masha just shrugged and suddenly move his gaze at me. His eyes grew worried while he run towards me.

"Lo, are you okay? You're not hurt?!"

I shake my head, then I abruptly take him in my arms. "Idiot, I should be the one asking you that!"

His hands clutch my shirt as he drop his head on my chest. "I don't care if I'm hurt, I just want you to be safe.."

My hold on him tightened and I can feel my eyes water. "I care. And it will pain me to see you get hurt.." I whisper, then I pull away and look directly in his eyes. "Because I love you so much, Masha.."

His lower lip starts to quiver, then his eyes glisten. Suddenly, a lone tear escape from his left eye.

"I love you too Lo.."

My heart flutters and a deep blush colored my cheeks..

I feel happy. While everything just vanish as I move my head and lean down, touching his forehead with mine.

"Please be with me.. Because I can't live without you.. You are my mate, and my only Luna. I need you. So please stay, and don't leave me ever again.." I sob out, while my body trembles uncontrollably as I hold him tightly in my arms.

His arms move up, and wrap over my neck. "I won't anymore, even though you push me again. I won't ever and ever gonna let you go.."

__________________________________________________