Chapter 17

Masha

"So you're here to kill me, boy." The man asked when I point a gun on his head.

I didn't answer, and just click the trigger. Suddenly, a blaring sound rang all over the house.

I look at the man, who is on the ground already dead and saw him clutching a black remote on his hand.

I shake my head and run over the window and jump without hesitation.

Viscious dogs greeted me, but I just jump past them and dash speedily. Loud shouts echo throughout the night while some men run after me.

Bullets fly all over the place, and I yelp in pain when my arm where shot. Blood flows through it but I didn't stop nor I turn to look behind me.

I jump over the fence, and I almost hit by a stray bullet that past by near my head. But I easily move away and hop on my scooter and drove away.

But to my total disappointment cars started chasing me, and I start to panic when they start firing their riffles relentlessly.

My scooter screeches when the tires where shot, jumping down I roll over, stood abruptly and start running over the woods.

Afraid that this time, I am the one who will end up dying...

My mind drifted towards Lo, and I can't help but to feel this throbbing sensation that his memories brought in my heart.

I know its unfair for me, but I can't stop loving him. He's after all the first person I felt this way with.

I want to come back in his arms, and to feel safe again..

I'm such a hypocrite..

I'm the one who runs away, so I don't have the right to come back.

Even so, I can't still help but miss him. His touch, his caress, and especially his kisses...

I click the roof of my mouth when I eyed the men searching everywhere for me. I slowly crawl in the branch of the tree where I'm hiding and readied my gun and put the silencer.. Well, its better than safe than sorry..

Then I aim and take a shot..

--

I'm sweating like a pig, and my clothes are dirty from dried blood when I came back at my apartment.

My wound is hurting like crazy, my body is aching all over and my head is throbbing uncontrollably.

That man is the fifth one that I've killed for the past three months since I run away from Lo. And I don't know why but I feel so tired of all this. For once, I wanted to stop. Become somebody else and live differently.

Unstoppable tears start to flow from my eyes. And even though I build a wall around my heart I can't seem to stop hurting anymore.

Nothing can stop the pain, as it continue assault my senses. Drowning me, burying me, killing me..very slowly...

My cries become sobs while my body rocks with so much force as I drop on the floor, defeatedly.

Wishing that my life turn out normal...that Lo is here with me...and I'm in his arms...

--

Louis

"Is everything ready.. " I ask, while I take a sip of wine.

"Yes, sir."

"Then let's go, and take this show on the road." I state coldly, as I stood up and walk over the door with a blank face.

Ever since Masha left, everybody become more afraid of me. Not that I can blame them. Because I change for this past three months. I become more cold, detach and uncaring. It seems that there is nothing left with my past happy go lucky nature. As I change to a completely different person.

But if you're wondering if I already gave up on Masha, then the answer is no.

Because whatever happen, the world may end but my feelings won't ever change. And I'm sure that its not only because of the mating bond, I just love him.. As simple as that..

I smile internally, when I remember what he looks like while I'm presenting him my surprise...but I become sad when my mind drift on the day he left.

The guilt won't go away, because I am aware that the reason he left is because of me.

That's why this time, I'm going to set everything straight...

But I stop suddenly when I felt a stinging sensation in my chest. My eyes grew wide when I look down and saw the blood gushing out from a small wound in my chest.

"Die bastard, like the way you killed my brother.." A voice whisper near my ear, but I can't see anything anymore as everything become blurry. Pain shoot through me, and I wanted to fight the numbness that slowly creeping on my consciousness but I can't do anything anymore when total darkness finally consumes me.

Masha...

--

Masha

I started shaking, while tears flow non-stop from my eyes. I shake my head, not truly believing what I saw.

"Its not true...not true.." I mumble, with trembling voice.

'Mr. Louis Caine Lexus, a renowned businessman were shot this afternoon when he's about to go home. He's in critical condition and there is still no improvement with his situation. And with regards with the suspect the local police don't have any lead yet so far....'

I stop listening with the newscaster as I pull out my phone and make a call.

'Hello..'

"Toni, its me. I want you to find who attack Louis Caine Lexus, as soon as possible."

'And you're not gonna tell me why..'

"I don't have to tell you everything!" I snarl angrily while I walk over my room, and pull out my duffle bag for emergency purposes.

'Okay..okay.. Geez, just gave me an hour. I will send you the info that you want..'

I hang up, and stuff it back in my pocket. Slinging my bag over my shoulders, I speedily walk out of the door with heavy footsteps.

Whoever attack Lo should run away as far they can get, because if I ever catch them I won't be merciful..

I will surely kill anyone who did this..slowly and painfully...

Lo, just hang on! I'm coming!

__________________________________________________